Wouldn't the predators on the ark have eaten everything by the time the 40 days was over?

by highdose 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yes...

Unless "Noah" brought along a heckuva lot of beef jerkey...

Of course, SOME will claim that the predators were still eating "grass" in those days...

But that doesn't explain all those smashed ammonite shells with teeth marks in them in the Triassic period, or those Apatosaurus skeletons with Allosaurus teeth marks on them, or dinosaur skeletons with T-Rex teeth marks in the bones...

Or the indications of predation by sabre-tooth tigers, Dire wolves, and cave bears...

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

The chemistry and biology behind vegetarian carnivores doesn't work either. It's not like lions eat meat because it tastes yummy, and veggies are ick. plants have cell walls made of a tough polysaccharide called cellulose, and most digestive systems can't process it. We call it dietary fiber and it's very good for us, but for the reason that our bodies don't digest it. Grazing mammals and plant eating insects (such as termites) have prokaryotic organisms living in their digestive tracts that break cellulose down, and it's not a fast process. Grazing animals also have additional internal organs (like cows that have multiple stomachs) to aid in this digestive process. To say that lions used to or will one day eat straw is to say that their internal ecosystems, and digestive tracts, and even internal organs were completely different, and the actual chemical make up of their bodies and the trace elements they need to live werecompletely different, and then were redesigned right after the flood (for some reason), and then will be reredesigned again later to accomodate this drastic dietary change.

It's nonsense.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hi J.

I can't seem to paste the reference from Josephus, but he mentions Jesus in his "Jewish Antiquities XX 200 (ix, 1) section of his book.

But I agree, It is off topic though remotely related to the flood question. I want you to know that it's ok if you don't, or others don't believe in the flood. It takes faith to believe in the Noachin flood. The secular method of dating and the various ancient history accounts conflicts with the Genesis story. You can't even find the Ark or remnants of it. The other things you mention about the Gospel Acct are off topic as well.

My freedom concept was also challenged? Still off topic.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Ziddina i'm sure that those so-called 'predators' were only chewing on those bones as a source of calcium!

• ziddina
    ziddina

LOL @ re-illuminator!!

But they didn't actually CONSUME the bones... Just left teeth marks - in the same way that lions and tigers and bears and other modern predators 'mark' the bones with their teeth as they strip the flesh off of the bones...

And correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Didn't they actually spend something like 120 days - or more - on the ark, waiting for the waters to recede after it stopped raining???

• highdose
    highdose

very good point, how did they feed and keep termites and other stuch wood eating pests? Bees and wasps also need wood to build nests.

Where did the birds nest? How did they preseve the insects? Theres such an abundance of insects in the world today that scienists have not even discovered them all let alone put two of each into an ark!

• Black Man
    Black Man

Great topic! Enjoying this thread!

• jam
    jam

Highdose: Termites colonies eat non-stop 24 hours A day,

seven days A week. They love moisture. Depending on

the species daily food intake per termite ranges from

0.015 mg to 0.2 mg or an average of 0.08 mg.

We are missing the hold picture here, God created

replacement animals after the flood. The bible fell

to mention that.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Termites colonies eat non-stop 24 hours A day

Ahhhhh.

That explains why we haven't found the ark.

It must all be troooooo

• VM44
    VM44

Actually the animals were on the Ark much longer than 40 days.

"How long was Noah on the ark? Noah entered the ark in the 600th year of his life, on the 17th day of the 2nd month (Genesis 7:11-13). Noah left the ark on the 27th day of the 2nd month of the following year (Genesis 8:14-15). Therefore, assuming a lunar calendar of 360 days, Noah was on the ark for approximately 370 days."

http://www.gotquestions.org/Noahs-ark-questions.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit