Wouldn't the predators on the ark have eaten everything by the time the 40 days was over?

by highdose 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

I believe the vegetarian idea was dropped (at least officially) after many fossils was discovered of animals half-digested remains of other animals in their stomach.

• highdose
    highdose

right gander, so what we have here is the realisation that the account of the ark when taken literily simply dosn't work.

So then you move on to the JW exhuse of " Jehovah must have some how intervened and stopped the food from rotting, and the animals from eating eachother"

Which exhuse throws up two more problems, if god really had intervened then that would have been pretty impressive.... surely noah/ moses would have wanted to record this faith strengthening fact????!

And also If god was able to intervene in that way... then why didn't he intervene in the first place by simply getting rid of all the people on the earth who offeneded him? Just make em vanish one day? Why go put mankind through such an ordeal? Why kill everyone including a whole bunch of people on the other side of the planet, just to get rid of some who were anoying him? Isn't that a severe case of over kill ( no pun intended).

Why did he have to have a flood at all in fact? Why use a planet wide geological disarstar to wipe out a few people? Why stick noah in a damp, dark and smelly ark? Why not put him in an area protected from the flood waters? I mean he did it with the israelites.... red sea standing in walls...?

You really can't have it both ways... either god is almighty and capable of great feats or hes not. Esencailly what you have here by JW terms is a god who is only selectivly omipitant!! Hes almighty and holy for some of the time, but not all of the time(!)

• Glander
    Glander

well put, highdose.

Do you remember studying Greek mythology in school? Zeus, Neptune, Perseus, Atlas, Jupitor, ad infinitum.

Old Testament creation stories and New Testament visions all fall into the same category. But only JW's and other fundies take them literally.

• bohm
    bohm

oh highdose... what you forget is that God COULD have done all those things, like the few pesky details (all of earth science) which the flood story violate COULD be wrong...

Once you realize that, you are just one quick delusion from accepting it all as fact :-D.

• TD
    TD
    I believe the vegetarian idea was dropped (at least officially) after many fossils was discovered of animals half-digested remains of other animals in their stomach.

I thought so too, bohm, but they resurrected the idea just a few years ago with a picture in The Watchtower of a lion grazing. I'll see if I can find it.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

It can be assumed that once the animals were snug in their pens, they were put into a perpetual state of hibernation much like a bear. If the flood is literal (whether global or regional) and such were the case, food and waste would be minimal.

• unshackled
  • bohm
    bohm

TD: I stand corrected! I would love to see that picture

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

I thought so too, bohm, but they resurrected the idea just a few years ago with a picture in The Watchtower of a lion grazing. I'll see if I can find it.

Wow, TD, I didn’t know that. I’m wondering what arguments they use to explain why the Grand Designer would give lions, tigers, and even the T-Rex the powerful jaws and teeth that are ideal for ripping flesh, when teeth of a cow or horse are much more ideal for eating grass.

• designs
    designs

God used Pixie Dust...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit