Wouldn't the predators on the ark have eaten everything by the time the 40 days was over?

by highdose 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

So, after the flood, he re-created them to be carnivores? Ancient people were not idots. This story was prob. never meant to be taken at face value.

It is very much like Santa. I've been out so long it is so funny that people believe this stuff. No one I know believes it. No one. The local ministers and priests do not believe it literally.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The "animals" on the ark were actually people. Even today heathens and pagans are classed and referenced as "animals" in legal terms.

Did you ever wonder why the UNCLEAN animals outnumbered the two by two "clean" animals that were taken aboard?

The whole story is actually a metaphor.

• Rydor
    Rydor

@ Unshackled

Oh my god, that video! Thanks for posting! So many problems with the flood story that never occurred to me. And they make a great point: If God "miraculously" solved all those logistic problems, then why not use his awesome God powers to annihilate mankind in a much more efficient way?

Oh wait that's right, he needed an excuse to make rainbows...

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

It's a miracle.. you can't explain a miracle with science.. stop thinking about it, just file the story under the fiction category.

• sabastious
    sabastious

When a story in the Bible defies basic logic you can bet on it being originally written to be allegorical. When one takes an allegorical approach to the flood the story it can become personally profound.

-Sab

• Glander
    Glander

unshackled - The vid said it all. Great catch.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

How many flood stories are there?

http://www.jwstudies.com/Two_Flood_Stories.pdf

Doug

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Other churches, mainly pentecostal, say that God induced a state of hibernation on the animals and that during their stay on the ark they neither ate, drunk or pooped...just slept.

• highdose
    highdose

and they know this how?

they base this asserstion on what???

???????????????????????????

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

noah only took frozen eggs with him (back then lions and pandas used to lay eggs too). he evidently also built a second ark for all the plants, as after a year of water most of the plants on earth were dead and gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit