Wouldn't the predators on the ark have eaten everything by the time the 40 days was over?

by highdose 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kashkrunched
    kashkrunched

The Bible "stories" were written in an allegorical form that reflects the history and culture of their time. Heaven was a parallel world where the gods or Jehovah dwelt. It was such a common practice, that there is a wealth of astral myths (astrotheology) to draw from that parallel the Bible.

The story of Noah is one of them.

The Watchtower claims that, because the various cultures of humanity share the "Noah Story", that it MUST be true. The facts are, however, what these cultures have in common are those "lights in the sky".

http://www.usbible.com/Astrology/noahs_flood.htm

It's an irony that, the very thing that the Watchtower condemns, astrology, is the foundation of the Bible and the bedrock of their theology.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Actually, the reason I believe in the flood account, is because Jesus mentioned it in his teachings

Jesus wasn't the only one that knew about it.

It was one of the religious teaching of that era.

.... and he didn't say it was the Watchtower's global flood either. They didn't have Awake!s down at the Synagogue.

the carnivores would have eaten the remaining animals.

That's why there's no unicorns.

Now where did that animal sacrifice come from? Surely not one of the animals he was supposed to be preserving??

That's why they took five sheep

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

JESUS ALSO said that people who heard his words would still be alive when the end came.

We know how true that was dont we??

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

WHAT ABOUT THE LACK OF OXYGEN?

Aguest -

Have you ever watched a python eat a rat? Dusty aint it.

Christians are sooo funny it is almost kewl.

Very few vegans feed their pets meat?

What pets EXACTLY do vegans keep?

Id like to see a cat fed on grass and turnips for at least six months before I would stop calling you a liar.

HB

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Have we found the invention of sushi??

HAHA! That was priceless!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    They were taken according to their KIND (phylus, family, genus)... and not according to the SPECIES. The species that exist TODAY evolved from those kinds.

Genesis 8:8 Later he sent out from him a dove to see whether the waters had abated from the surface of the ground.

Noah sent a dove, not 'the bird', not the ancestor to hummingbirds, kiwis, emus, ducks, parrots etc.. a dove

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Re: Wouldn't the predators on the ark have eaten everything by the time the 40 days was over?

Were you including termites in the question?

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Very few vegans feed their pets meat?

HB I know many vegans who feed their cats/dogs a vegan diet. These animals are omnivorves and thats why they substitute their diets with grass. In the wild they eat the herbivorves stomach/intestines as it's the fermented grass and other bits in there they need. The flesh is left for scavengers.

Just my two penny's worth.

Peace

• TD
    TD
    What pets EXACTLY do vegans keep?

They keep the same pets as everybody else, but sadly, some vegans have killed their pets this way.

It's entirely possible to sustain a strict carnivore (Even a large one like a lion or tiger) on a vegetarian diet. One of the JW's favorite bit of folk wisdom is the fact that the big cats in some zoos were fed a vegetarian diet during WWII. This is quite true, but unfortunately, there are no wild forms of vegetation that in any way approximate what these zoo cats were fed.

Two things are required to do this: First, the chemical and mechanical breakdown must be performed for them (e.g. the food must be ground and processed) as they are unable to do it themselves, and second, the amino acid taurine must be added as cats are unable to synthesize it from vegetable material. (Anybody who doubts this can either talk to their veternarian or maybe just go to a grocery store and look at the ingredients on a box of dry cat food.)

It's also true, as watersprout points out above that cats in the wild will sometimes eat the vegetable contents of an herbivore's upper intestine. This is another example where the necessary chemical and mechanical breakdown has already occured.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    JESUS ALSO said that people who heard his words would still be alive when the end came.

Interesting, dear HB (peace to you!). I've never read... nor heard my Lord say... such a thing. From where/whom do you get your information on this?

Have you ever watched a python eat a rat? Dusty aint it.

No, I have not, but I've seen other snakes eat a rabbit, a kitten, and a piglet. And I'm not sure I agree that it "ain't dusty"; that which I saw was (as well as frightening, sickening, and disgusting). Indeed, there was quite a LOT of dust because it was on my grandfather's farm... the kitten in the barn, the rabbit underneath the chicken coop, and the piglet just outside the pen. Dust, straw, fodder... abounded. But a rat... nope. Never saw that. It could be, though, that that's because there usually isn't any "dust" in a python's [human constructed] container...

Id like to see a cat fed on grass and turnips for at least six months before I would stop calling you a liar.

How about dear WS and TD's responses (peace to you, both!). Will that suffice? Although, I would respond to dear TD's comment, that:

there are no wild forms of vegetation that in any way approximate what these zoo cats were fed.

Today, perhaps not, dear one. Surely, though, not all forms of ancient vegetation still exist today...

Two things are required to do this: First, the chemical and mechanical breakdown must be performed for them (e.g. the food must be ground and processed) as they are unable to do it themselves

I.e.... fodder...

and second, the amino acid taurine must be added as cats are unable to synthesize it from vegetable material.

Mammal bile contains taurine, dear TD. I won't elaborate on why I've posted that but I think you get the picture. Also, though, we're talking ancestral animals. All it would take is for an herbivore to evolve into a carnivore is for their digestive systems to adapt to processing meat and fat. True, there may have been some "heartburn" early on... but it would have become easier and easier with each passing generation. Especially if they went from milk... to meat... due to the lack of adeqate vegetation.

ok but hibernantion while on board the ark still does not solve the problem that when the animals got out they would have had no vegetation to eat and the carnivores would have eaten the remaining animals.

That's assuming there was no food left on the ark, dear HD (peace to you, as well!). Even so, once the land began to dry out, vegetation would have been quick... and abundant. The land was well-watered, saturated. Add sun and... voila! Grass... shrubs... plants... trees (resprouting foliage).

And what about the humans in all this?? What did they eat? The animals they were supposed to be preserving? If you take the view that they took aboard grains then you have another problem in that grain rots. By the end of it all the would have run out of food long before the flood waters went.

During the event, Noah and his family lived on nothing but grain... roots, tubers, stalks, leaves/foliage, berries, fruit [mostly dried], etc.. Which shouldn't be all that surprising - people in Africa do that today... and have been doing it for millenia. Grain rots only if not stored properly (kept dry, out of directly sunlight, but with sufficient aeration). They were granted to eat meat once they left the ark. Since they took sires and their mates in many instances there would have been more animals leaving the ark than entered it. Eggs, too.

Do i recall right that when noah got out of the ark he sacrificed somthing as thanks to god?

Yes.

Now where did that animal sacrifice come from? Surely not one of the animals he was supposed to be preserving??

Not necessarily one of the originals but more likely an offspring and a male. Since sacrifices were almost always male... about a year old... and they were in the ark about a year... well, you get my drift. One each, for all of the "clean" animals.

I hope this helps, dear ones. Again, if you're looking for a reason not to believe... you will find many. Contrastly, there are just as many reasons... and reasonable explanations... so as TO believe. All about what one is looking for... and WHOM one is looking TO.

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit