Matt 19:6 - WTB$ preaches the sanctity of marriage but see what happens when one partner leaves the bOrg!

by punkofnice 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• St George of England
    St George of England

According to the following report JW's divorce avg 14% compared with 12% for total group.

http://religions.pewforum.org/reports

Lots of interesting statistics in this report although it is US based.

George

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I will do you one better. My ex wife not only bailed on me because I stepped down as an elder and was disfellowshipped for being a apostate opposer, she also emailed me and asked me to "please, please, please call the presiding overseer and tell him that I cheated on her so that she's spiritually free to remarry and can have a wedding in the hall"

I did, I lied for her sake, and voila...she's remarried to another super-uber dub...we were "officially" divorced on January 2nd of 2008, and she got remarried on January 26th...the poor thing had to wait a whole 24 days to get a new hubby.

Best part of it is: I GOT MY KIDS! They aren't cult following superdubs, have normal lives with normal schedules - and at ages 11 and 13, respectively - we are all happy. She can live in what Punkofnice called "dubby dreamland" and I get to live the way I want...In summary, sometimes things like this have VERY happy endings :)

I know that in hindsight - my ex wife wishes she had the spine to do what I did, and there's little doubt that she often wonders how much different her world would be if she split with me or at least decided to on her own. I feel empathy for her because she told me repeatedly when I was fading that I was probably right and she doesn't like being in the borg any more than I did but she has no choice. She doesn't see that she always has a choice...but it's not going to be an easy one to make

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

St George - Interesting stats............veeerrrrrryyyy interesting. I hear the July 15th watchtower carries some 'mind claensing' article about how the WTB$ doesn't break up families! Propaganda 101!

Blitz - Amazing! Your ex was ok living a lie in order to marry a JDub....she was ok with a lie that 'disqualified' her from living in paradise with a pet panda.................................??? Oh, well if you're OK with it that's all that matters!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Outside of adultery, Christ is VERY CLEAR that divorce is NOT per the will of God.

Even Paul says that a believer shoudl remain with an unbeliever, that there might be a chances that the believers faith and the way they behave may "win over" the unbeliever.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

PSacramento - Yes. I've often noticed these days, how the GB make out that Jehovah is a very childish moody god and Jesus they make out to be a liar.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

New light, dude, LOL !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

PSacramento - I've been out a year now and mentally out a few months prior to that and I have changed my thought pattern quite radically.

I'm still loveble old me but I think I've defaulted to the person I should have been years ago. I'm happy in my own skin at last. Sadly, JWs aren't, they know it but refuse to acknowledge it.

Again, yesterday, someone who was a friend when I was an elder rang to speak to a family member. I answered the phone knowing full well who it was. I pretended I didn't. This twot at the other end of the phone was really frosty.......afraid to ask if I was OK!

I put the phone down. Smirked and told Mrs Punk what had happened. She made no comment....not a oner...NO COMMENT!!!

I couldn't resist telling her that although I'm not DF or DA yet, I'm still shunned.

I live in hope it'll wake her up but it just seems to make her reject me more and side with the WTB$ drones.

Oh, how I tittered!!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You knwo what passage always pops into my mind when I read thinsg like that?

" If you do not have love in your heart, you don't have God".

(1 John 3:14) We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

1 John 3:23 and this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

1 Corinthians 16:14 do everything in love.

1 John 4:8 whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

PSacramento - This reminds me of how the WTB$ says the exact opposite of the scriptures.......and again, I trot out a favourite quote from the WTB$..................

(Repetition for emphasis)

‘’……hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked." Watchtower 1961 Jul 15 p.420

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit