Matt 19:6 - WTB$ preaches the sanctity of marriage but see what happens when one partner leaves the bOrg!

by punkofnice 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Mary - Enjoy work!

Black Sheep - She doesn't get humour, sarcasm or wit. I'll tell a joke and it's 'Duh! I don't get it? Y'what? Duh?'

M2theMob - When I've been happy she's even said I left the WTB$ because I must be depressed. I just flat out said that the WTB$ has trained her to blame me for not believing but never the GB. They are God's mouthpiece and above reproach!'

.............and I've had all the 'they're just imperfect men. Whaere else will you go?'

I've even been told....but you're doing NOTHING with your life!

Well if doing SOMETHING with my life equates to failed circus, regular visits to the Kingdum Hell and A$$€m?£i€$ and that ISN'T a waste of time..........................nuff said

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

designs - Above the national average. Now that IS interesting! One wonders why! Is it when they find out their partner only married them for sex (JW approved position onlyTM) or they were hiding other tendancies or maybe they married a kangarillapig because no one else was availabl;e for sex at the time!

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Ya know Punkofnice, it sound like a case of " Don't hate the player, hate the game". peacepunk paulnotsaul

• designs
    designs

punk-

One of the patterns I saw as an Elder was the lack of genuine compatiblity among JWs thinking about marriage. The litmus test was whether someone was 'in the Truth', not philosophical and cultural interests, or music and the arts, parenting, etc.. I tried, unsuccessfully, to have the Society develop a pre-marital counseling program like other religions do to help couples. The SDA have a great 6 month program and as a result have one of the lowest divorce rates.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

paulnotsaul - Yup! I'm the hated player.

designs - There is a strange mindset in the 'truth' surrounding marriage which isn't helped by the WTB$ propaganda. Interesting about the SDA though.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am on the other side of this. My husband was an elder when we got married and I hated every minute of it. I did not have a clue what an elder truly did when we got married. I was 24 years old and he was 41.

My family was on the fringes of the religion but I embraced it totally when I was in my mid teens believing it was the "truth." I never fit in I was never accepted I thought once I was married I would be accepted but it still never happened.

What I did not know was that being married as a JW there truly were three in our marriage and the third one came first to my husband. I had no clue that was what being an elder's wife meant.

I wanted a marriage, a husband, but I got to be second. If it had been to God that my husband was giving his time it would have been different but it was too the people in the religion. People who still treated me like crap.

It was so hard when I had an evening planned out and he would get a call and run out the door like he was a doctor going on a life or death case, while I was just sitting there wondering where I fit in to his life.

I hate every minute of his being an elder, I now truly hate the religion and wish he could just wake up.

I truly feel for you, it is beyond frustrating living with someone who refuses to see the truth, that this is nothing but a dam cult.

LITS

• Mary
    Mary
    Mrs Punk: 'What are you talking about? Overlapping? what overlapping?'

Ooooooooh.....someone hasn't been keeping up with present truths and/or Jehovah's Celetial Organization!! Mrs. Punk should hang her head in shame for not paying close attention at the summer ASSembly (assuming she went).

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Punk - Your wife sounds very much like mine. Granted, I'm not fully out yet.....but she she just can't fathom what's "wrong with me." She says she'll do research....but "nothing that isn't approved". My fear is that even if I present her with older articles that prove the society was NOT chosen by Jesus in 1919, she'll go on the defensive about 1) WHERE I went to get that information or 2) that my motive is a destructive one....trying to destroy her faith. She trusts implicitly that it is God's organization but can't explain ANYTHING she truly "believes". Like your mentioning of the overlapping generations......she is clueless. A while back we were discussing the FDS and I mentioned 1919. She said "you do so much faulty research that you can't even get your dates correct. 1919 had absolutely NO significance".

She has NO clue yet she is willing to DIE for it.

I think it comes down to 2 things. 1) She WANTS to believe the fairytale and will do whatever she has to do to maintain the belief. 2) she is fearful. Fearful that even doing research that shows that the society has lied will prove that she was purposely being critical of them and thus she is no longer worthy of living forever. Total and completel mind control

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

lits -

it is beyond frustrating living with someone who refuses to see the truth

Thanks. You certainly know how it goes! The word 'refuses' is the perfect choice.

Mary - (Mother of our lad Jesus!) -

hang her head in shame for not paying close attention at the summer ASSembly (assuming she went).

Yeah, she went and didn't we know it with all the bleedin' propaganda she was spouting! It's only me she's ashamed of. She goes to these boasting sessions, looks up the scriptures, pays rapt attention but hasn't a clue what they're on about. Unless it is a tirade against 'apostates', other religions, so called 'trinitarians' she don't cotton on.

Talks that slam 'apostates' and the like she sits there nodding her head in agreement. It's like she's at the salem witch trials!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

JW divorces are above the national averages. Two Pioneers getting hitched does not a happy marriage make

Not to hijack this thread, but is there any evidence or hard data to support this? I'd be willing to say JW divorces are on par or even slightly less than national averages, but to say above national averages seems a bit far fetched to me. Don't get me wrong either, I'm not attacking you, and without a doubt some of the worst marriages and incompatible couples are JWs, but is there hard data and numbers to support above national average divorce rates?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit