NAME ONE USEFUL THING done by Russell, Rutherford, F.Franz

by Terry 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Simple question: Pastor Russell must have accomplished as least on practical thing in his life. What was it? Pyramidology? No. Divine Plan of the Ages chart? No.

1914 is Armageddon? No.......I give up----What?

Judge Rutherford and Fred Franz: what did either of them accomplish? 1925 and the resurrection of 'ancient worthies' to live in a mansion in San Diego? No.

Blood transfusion obession? No. Hundreds of colorful books with jaw-breaking titles? No.....I give up----What?

Practically speaking, I don't think any of these people did ONE THING to benefit mankind. Further, it looks to me like they wasted millions of hours of other people's time printing and selling pure hateful, incoherent, balderdash!

• sir82
    sir82

I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but Rutherford being such an absolute prick did force some issues of religious freedom to be heard by the US Supreme Court, the decsions of which have benefited more than just JWs over the decades.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They Died..

(Good Job Guy`s!)

...................... ...OUTLAW

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

LOL, Outlaw.

Hmmmm.....Russell, Rutherfod, F.Franz.......what good have they done? hmmmmmm......... they've provided me with 3 more reasons to question God's existance, 3 more reasons to question whether or not if there is a God, is he apathetic?

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

They helped me on my path to atheism

• Terry
    Terry

I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but Rutherford being such an absolute prick did force some issues of religious freedom to be heard by the US Supreme Court, the decsions of which have benefited more than just JWs over the decades.

Point taken. I would lavish credit for THAT on Hayden Covington, however. Am I being unfair?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

depends what you perceive as useful. they buildt and kept running an international publishing company, gave jobs to many people who couldn't go to college and provided weekly meeting arrangements for manic depressed low lives. that's more than what i have done so far...

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Despite all the faults I can find with Russell, I do think his original intentions were in the right place. Like so many human beings, and power corrupts and stuff, he lost those original intentions. In his will, he did have some good ideas for how to continue.

Rutherford changed everything completly. He turned it into the mind control cult it is today. Everything I have found to date convinces me of that. Freddie, was just so concerned with keeping his power and position, that he was just crazy.

(all statements are subject to change based on future knowledge)

• agonus
    agonus

Well, at least we can learn something from their colossal and prodigious wrong-headedness and jerktitude, no?

They're fine examples of what NOT to do...

• moshe
    moshe

I'm thinking Terry-- and I can't come up with anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit