Is There ANY Religion That You Would Feel Comfortable Being A Member Of?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nickolas..

What Would Jesus Drink?

http://www.ship-of-fools.com/gadgets/food_drink/media/messiah_bold.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Heh. Gotta get me a six pack for the bar.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

I have not offically joined but my wife, kids, and I attend the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). I was drawn to this church because its non-judgemental. The bible is their only creed. No doctrines. They believe its the personal responibility of each person to read and interpret the scriptures for yourself thus creating a personal faith and relationship with the Lord. Communion is OPEN TO ALL who believe in Jesus as the Christ on every sunday. It was really strange but I felt such peace there. My first time there I went with my son. It was Jan. 23, this year. We both took communion. After 40 yrs. being denied the emblems. My son and I partook. Very emotional experience. The congregation welcomed us. Friendly but not overdone. The pastor is an older women. I felt like for the first time I understood what being a christian was all about. LOVE each other, EVERYONE. No more judging. Totally the opposite of my JW CULT teachings. PEACETOALL paulnotsaul

• shepherd
    shepherd

Can there be any truth other than the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

You bet me to it shepherd

3M

• Rusty Shackelford
    Rusty Shackelford

Pure Land Buddhism

• agonus
    agonus

Religion? No, not really, not in the traditional/orthodox sense. Not at this point in my journey, such as it is.

Church/temple/congregation/fellowship... possibly.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Well . . . having recently up-skilled in the religious devotion department, I would seriously consider joining the Arch-Luciferian Satanist, Count Pugdog in his underground bunker . . . especially if Nibiru gets any closer.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Sizemik, you are funny-I always enjoy reading your posts!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Dudeism - that's about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit