Gayest Cities In America

by Bangalore 67 Replies latest social current

• shamus100
    shamus100

Well,

This thread is getting gayer by the minute. ;D

• fade_away
    fade_away

Fallen_princess Vs. Shamu lol!...that means "laughing out loud" for those of you who don't know.

I'm gonna copy/paste the conversation to show where it all went wrong: (ahem)

Is this the beginning of another JWN great gay holocaust? - shamu

wait! I wanna know if this is to be mean at the LGBT community too! what Are you talking about Shamus? I am bisexual and I dont know if I like that idea :( - fallen_princess

Speak in english and perhaps I can understand you and type out a response. ;) - shamu

Ok, let's review here. This is the exact point where it starts spinning out of control. Instead of saying "What do you mean by LGBT princess? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with acronyms. Thanks"....he says "speak english". That is rude and if anyone needs to apologize it's the monkey. That "speak english" remark was recieved as a rude comment by fallen_princess and so she calls him a "troll". At this point, the monkey is pissed and decides to go on a tantrum about how she should speak english (even though LGBT is an acronym for an english term) and decides to mock her by assuming she must be one of those blonde dumb 15 year olds and sarcastically making "like" impersonations of her. On top of that, shamu along with some other people on here, assume that her comments are not valid cause she is a "newbie". As a newbie, she has no idea what the hell a gay holocaust is, and you people on here decide she is not worthy of knowing because of her "newbieness" (is that a word?...who cares)

In conclusion, she is just a curious woman who wants to know what the gay holocaust is and if it's a bad thing or a good thing. But she is asking a few arrogant fickle people who believe they don't have to answer to "newbies". Thanks for the explanation though, ohiocowboy. That's what shamu should've said in the beginning instead of bringing up the whole "speak english" comment. Anyway, that's my two cents.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

After being here a while, you will come to know that everyone has different personalities. Sometimes a newer person may not realize when someone may be joking around and then take a comment seriously because they are not used to the personality of the person who is making the post. Shamus doesn't care much for my comments either, but I have read his posts for a couple of years now, and I know his style when he posts. I do not think in your case that he was trying to be mean to you, I think he was just trying to be funny, and some people just don't understand the humor unless they take the time to read other posts, and then you will begin to understand and get a better picture of that person's posting style.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Ok fair enough. I'm fairly new to this site too. People like fallen_princess and myself will be able to tell the difference between a troll and a joker soon enough.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Where's New York? I mean, even WITHOUT Bethel!

• fade_away
    fade_away

Oh, by the way, Ohio, We are not the same person. She is my wife.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I've been here for several years now, and I am still trying to understand some of the politics of the board. Then again, there are some things I don't even want to know about. It's hard enough to keep my sanity as it is.

I am just trying to give some ideas so that some hurt feelings can be avoided. I am sorry if I offended you by anything I posted. Some of the Gay people here-(Such as myself) try to look out for other Gay people here because we do not want a repeat of the things that happened a couple years ago with the troll. It was a very bad situation back then.

Wishing you peace!

CJ

Edit to add, After looking, I could tell that you weren't the same person as the little IP pinwheel symbol thingies next to your name were different than Fallen_Princesses. I just found it unusual that both of you would post about being upset with Shamus. You will soon find out though that there are a lot of people who have multiple accounts here so that they can cause trouble, and the way to tell for sure is by looking at those pinwheel symbols. If they match, it is fairly certain that they are the same people.

• shamus100
    shamus100

This is worse than Big Brother. ;D

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

What did I ever do to you?

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

I'm one of the ones driven away by the great gay holocoust. You may remember me as gretchen956. I was told at the time we were not allowed to talk about any gay subjects on this board. Not being a fan of "don't ask don't tell," I exited stage right. I do still pop in from time to time and so saw the topic. Glad to see the mood has lightened up and the thread is staying peaceful.

Ada

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit