CO begging for more MS's

by life is to short 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

There are very few good speakers left. Usually good speakers have half a brain so they know to get out of the WT trap.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

In the next congregation to me a brother desperately wanted to be an elder. He brown nosed to the point of embarassment, he befriended elders, went on holiday with them, did jobs for them for free. Finally he made it, after 20 years as a MS he was appointed. Illiterate, the worst speaker ever but when those elders meetings were called, off he went.

Two weeks later he went on vacation, two weeks after that it was announced he had stepped down. Is this the shortest period of high office in history?

Yes I sniggered.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I can't resist.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

straightshooter,

Ahhh yes that was me. If they asked me to do something I did it, and usually volunteered even though there were times I wanted to say no. I was being the good brother. Then a brother moved into my hall from the sopanish. I liiked him and he was a good brother. But his english was broken. Another brother who had not been in our hall also moved in.He was a single dad an he played that card pretty well,as his son he was just 6 gave pretty talks and the sisters especially ate that up.

Mind you,this hall was part of a split in 2004 and was a totally new congregation. I remember an elder told me, 'You know ,this would be a great chance for you to show the brothers that you're reaching out. So I BUSTED my A#$ for two solid years. Not that I wasn't before,but I really put myself out there. Then CO visist. Who gets appointed ? The brother from the Spanish Hll and the single dad.

I remember after the visit I asked the brother what more I needed to do ? I remember him saying I was doing really well. But maybe I might want to get my service up to around 10 hours a month. First time I heard the ten hours and now being on this site I realize that is the majic number.

Now ? They can kiss my a#$ I don'yt want to be part of their stupid club and I actually enjoy my weekends and free time after work,which is what I will speak of in anoher thread.

jj123jj123 ,

Well said. God forbid you actually have a life and live it !

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wow, JJ

and the JW's don't worship humans?

I purposely don't go to most of the CO stuff

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Fatfreak, thumbs up!

creature worship and brown-nosing excellence.

• flipper
    flipper

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Thanks for the update. It shows like others say- the WT society is desperate to get any males they can appointed Ministerial Servants. Hopefully the trend of young people exiting this organization will continue so the numbers of elders and M.S.'s keep dropping. I just want this organization to go away and end like a bad dream

• life is to short
    life is to short

Gayle

What you wrote is exactly what I thought God demand of me. For 20 years of our marriage I never had a husband as he put all of his time into the religion. Thank God we never had kids as I would have been a single parent, or maybe I would have woken up earlier, I do not know.

But I do know I will never stand for my husband to go back to that hell of a rat race. Our marriage has been on the rocks over this religion and my waking up to the fact that it is a cult, if he added being an elder again that would be it. I am sure many wives feel like I do now and that is a huge reason why the numbers are so low. I will never forget right after they deleted my husband over the pedophiles this stupid elder the son of the COBE came to me and said in all seriousness that my husband could start over and work his way back up. I was beyond mad as his dad the COBE dumped on my husband over and over so I just looked at this elder and said well if does become an elder again he will be divorced. The look of shock on this elders face was priceless. It was like I was Satan standing right in front of him.

FatFreek loved you picture and it is so true.

LITS

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

What a contrast to how it was in 1980s, when it seemed like all the brothers were clambering over each other to be appointed!

As to the stock market plunge being a dead-sure sign that "the end is just around the corner", I can recall 40 years ago being told almost the same thing; i.e. "the monetary system is only just holding together, and is about to go anytime now" - as was "This System".

Really something to get excited about!

Bill.

• steve2
    steve2
    This put the CO over the edge and he told the elder body he wanted to delete me, my friend, the MS that was already out of town, and the PO, because we did not show proper respect for the CO arrangement.

How extremely ego-deflating it must have been for the high falutin' CO that members of the congregation he was visiting were out of town for a significant chunk of the weekend. How disrespectful to the CO's fragile ego. You should have cancelled your plans and worked extra hard in the field service. How could you show such ingratitude and treat this poor CO so disrespectfully??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit