CO begging for more MS's

by life is to short 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

I think one factor here are the wives. It was considered as great honor to have MS or elder husband, so they did everything necessary to encourage their lazy husbands to reach for those positions. Nowadays I would guess it is more appreciated to have certain amount of trips abroad and acceptable standard of living, so today they encourage their husbands to achieve those goals first and the spiritual ones then if more energy is left.

You know by nature we men are little bit lazy and like rolling the responsibility to our wives (consider the things Adam told about his wife).

CP

• isojourn
    isojourn

It is so obvious they are desperate. My 78 year father (who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s over 6 years ago) was appointed elder over a month ago. Scary, but mostly sad.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I know in the cong I was in that the BOE wanted "perfect" brothers to become servants. There was a couple of brothers who just busted themselves in helping out in the cong. It was funny that they were doing ms responsibilities but without the title. One of them moved to a cong and became a ms within 3 months. Sometimes the BOE holds brothers back.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Of course, look at the GB and how they are 55+. Why would the cong be any different.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Most young people don't want to put up with it anymore. Most of them are just waiting until the society collapses so they can get out scot free. The contributions to the society have become abyssmal (I think our congregation sent out ~$300 last month or less than $3 per publisher per month), the attendance at large gatherings is going down especially among those that have to travel and stay at a hotel. Single women pioneers are no longer committing to their hours unless they are influencing a male in the household, then they are just writing down the required numbers.

Young people are having sex and being protected by their parents and protecting each other. There is a massive influx of homosexual and apostate behavior (not that it's necessarily bad, but it's currently not accepted). Elders have recently been counciled against disfellowshipping people so quickly and more and more are getting merely privately reproved or if they haven't been coming lately they are ignored.

The end is coming quickly but it's not the end of the world, it's the end of the Watchtower organization. The above is based on my insight into the general air in my area but I don't think it's unique.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i agree with the poster that mentioned lawsuits..................

if you have no net worth, then who cares!

but if you own a house, you want to risk loosing it in a lawsuit for this crazy religion?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i handed in my resignation, and nothing harsh was done to me................ years ago, I would have been put through the ringer

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I know one congregation that has meetings for all baptized men,just to "encourage" them to reach out to be a servant or elder.

• sir82
    sir82
    Elders have recently been counciled against disfellowshipping people so quickly

Really?

Must be a local thing.

Here, on his recent pass through, the CO indicated that elders aren't disfellowshipping enough, that they are being too lax.

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

I was appointed a MS back in 2004. The following year we had a CO visit during Memorial Day weekend in May. One of the MS's was away from the Thursday visiting his fiancee on the East coast. The PO was at the Friday meeting with the Elders and MS's but was going out of town from Sat for a wedding. Another MS and I had plans to go to a soccer match (US vs. England) in Chicago (I am from St. Louis) on the Sat. Under normal circumstances, my friend and I would have made it a long weekend in Chicago, but because we had the CO visit, we planned on being at the meeting on Sunday which was in the afternoon.

At the meeting with the MS's and Elders on Friday, towards the end of the meeting with the MS's the CO asked me if I could say the prayer after the field service meeting on Saturday. I told him I was not going to be out in service the next day. He in turn asked if I could say the prayer at the Sunday morning service meeting, and I told him I was not going to be out in service on Sunday. He seemed quite baffled. My friend, the other MS, and I left the meeting and meetup with our other friend who was going to Chicago with us, we were staying at his and hitting the road early in the morning the next day. My MS friend's Dad was an Elder. So during the meeting with the elders, the CO asked my friend's Dad why my friend and I were not going to be out in service at the weekend. He told him that we were going to be out of town, but back for the meeting on Sunday. This put the CO over the edge and he told the elder body he wanted to delete me, my friend, the MS that was already out of town, and the PO, because we did not show proper respect for the CO arrangement. From what I've been told, two other elders talked him out of deleting all of us on the saturday. Whether he would be able to go through with this is unknown to me.

After the meeting on the Sunday, he pulled me aside and counseled me on showing more respect for the CO arrangement and my appointment of being an MS. This was the beginning of me becominng disillusioned with being an MS. After a couple of years, I purposely moved to another congregation so I could step down from being an MS without the shame of such being announced from the platform. And a year after that, I broked through the fear of researching the WT on the internet, and the rest is history...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit