On A Scale Of 1 to 10 How Much Knowledge Does A Jehovah's Witness Have About Their Religion?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Years (many decades) ago, most JWs knew what their religion taught. They could go toe to toe with a minister or priest and make some good points.

I believe today's Witness knows little about most of the convoluted teachings and revisions of the "Truth".

Yesteryear's Witnesses got a 9/10. today's JWs get a 5. The average Witness can't understand what's acceptable regarding blood, military service, conscience matters, disassociation, various parables, etc. Today's JW is dumbed down and sorry to say: dumb.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'd give it a 2.

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmm, dumber than I thought.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is getting more confusing now. When I was a witless, many doctrines were clearly spelled out. Now, they are ambiguous. Yet, violating one carries the same punishment, if not worse, than it did in the 1980s. They are also more confusing about dealing with people that are disfellowshipped, namely those who are close relatives.

When I went in, I found that the base doctrines seemed to make sense. It is the add-ons that are confusing. What constitutes "misuse of blood"? What about voting in political elections? What amounts to a Christmas celebration? There are just plain so many add-ons that are more confusing than the core doctrine--and now I don't even abide by the core.

• dgp
    dgp

From outside, you'd think that being able to parrot without end, and being able to throw bible quotes at something, would define you as "a person with a good knowledge of his/her own religion". I think this is one big mistake most people on the outside don't even know they are making.

It would seriously affect the Watchtower if people were able to distinguish one thing from the other. JW's wouldn't appear as knowledgeable, but as fanatics.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

2 but that's always been the way ask a R&F the names of the GB 40 years ago and ask one now and they wouldn't know more then 2 or 3 back then or now.

• minimus
    minimus

Well said! There is no core, no heart!

• clarity
    clarity

Jw's...........don't know that Jesus 'second coming', will turn out to be a 'third coming'! Darn that 1914 anyway!!!!!!!

Jw's ..........don't understand that Jesus is not their mediator ..... therefore according to scripture, they are screwed!

I give them a 2 1/2!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I'd give them a 5 or 6 for being able to regurgitate via publications what the WTS tells them the religion is about...I'd give them a 2 for being able to understand without that crutch from the WTS, ie: they know very little based on their personal research of the doctrines.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I would have to go along with those who rank the knowledge quotient below 5. The number 2 sounds about right, and if the releases at this summer's district conventions are any indication, it's about to go lower.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit