hello all... from the new guy...

by wearewatchingyouman 30 Replies latest jw friends

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I've been a lurker on this forum and others like it for a while... it's been a great resource for research... I finally decided to join one and found this one to be the best...

Born and raised fourth gen. JW... Dad's an elder and missionary... we did special needs work when I was a kid... Mom was DFed when I was a young teen... usual story for a born in... half family JW half not on both mom and dad's side... we have some high rankers and some annointed in the family tree... brother is @ bethel... I left when I was 18 never baptised never a publisher... just played the role of respectful son until I could fade away as to not jepardize dad's position... a skeptic privately from a young age...blah blah blah.... ...

anyways I'm here mostly just to socialize, debate dogma, learn from others and and give loving support...

30 yr old dude...as far as my current beliefs I'm what you might call an Agnostic Theist...

anyways that's enough blabbing for now... Just wanted to say hey and give a little intro...

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

oh, and if somebody doesn't mind saving me a little time... how the heck do I change my avatar? thanks!

• flipper
    flipper

WEAREWATCHINGYOUMAN- Welcome ! Glad to have you here ! I was a born-in too. Got out almost 8 years ago at age 44 myself. Been happy ever since ! Also had an older brother in Bethel for 8 years and a long time elder dad now in his 80's. I'm glad you have your freedom my friend. Look forward to hearing more from you. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Welcome. Nice to have another agnostic theist to join the board. Looking forward to your posts.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum.

It's nice to have another of the great unwashed with us. We seem to be a rare breed.

http://en.gravatar.com/ for the avatar.

Cheers

Chris

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

@ black sheep- thanksfor the info... "the unwashed"... classic... I always enjoyed reading your posts while lurking...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome. What country are you from, or would that give away too much?

Agnostic Theist or Agnositc Deist?

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

USA...

I find it much more probable that there is a supreme power that started the ball rolling, set the laws of nature, and let us run with it... but I also wouldn't be suprised if there was some sort of intervention at times as well ... so I guess you could say I'm agnostic in the regard of theism vs deism too... `

Do you run JWfacts.com?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome to the forum wearewatchingyouman . . .

Looking forward to having your perspective.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Welcome to the forum!
    Its great you realized thing so early!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit