hello all... from the new guy...

by wearewatchingyouman 30 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'allo, me ol' matey! Nice to have you along.

Just call me Unky Punky. Punk. PON. All good.

I'm the UK's arch-angel apostate..........and as the Sex Pistols sang on Pretty Vacant............and we don't CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRE!!

• nugget
    nugget

Welcome to the forum glad you joined another perspective is always welcome.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome.

So glad that you were able to maintain good family relations with both parents. Are they still together?

I have never heard the terms Agnostic Theist or Agnostic Deist.

What are the meanings and differences?

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

sorry it took me so long to reply guys... apparently there is a 10 post maximum within the first 24 hrs... I would have better used them had I known.....

@ABS-I don't know why it took me so long to join, but I just felt like I had used the site as a lurker long enough and it was time that I added to it instead of just took from it...

@totally ADD-I came up with it when I joined a site called abovetopsecret.com... it's a conspiracy site but it haolds an awesome off topic faith and theology section along with a section called conspiracy in religion... definitely worth a look... as a lurker there I was constantly reading posts from paranoid people who thought aliens, the govt etc. were watching them so I found it comical... I figured it fit here too since it's a probability some asshole is watching this place to try and figure out who everyone is...

@uncle punky- I'm a big punk fan myself.... listening to Operation Ivy nopw actually.... you can call me whatever you want... "don't call me white"....... we'll see if you get that one....hahahaha

@quandry-agnostic means lack of knowledge.... theism is the belief that at least one deity exists... basically I believe in God but my faith isn't based on knowledge, reason or logic... because IMO, and from experience, the concept of God is unknowable, unreasonable and illogical to the human mind.... at least mine anyways... yet I still believe because the need to seek and become closer to that higher power that I feel all around and within me is undeniable... as far as theism vs deism... theists usually believe God has a hand in what is currently happening... deists believe God just started the process set the laws of nature and left it up to us....

I hope that clears up your question... if you have more or I wasn't clear please let me know!

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I hope I didn't miss anybody... please let me know if I did... thanks again for the welcome everybody!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Welcome to the forum! It's always cool to see a lurker join the community. I think you will enjoy posting here as well as continuing to use it for research puposes as well.

-Sab

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

most definitely sabastious! It will be fun to add my input for lurkers to use....... thanks for poppin' in!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome!

Loz x

• mouthy
    mouthy

A very big welcome to "our" family
    Even though the WT says we are mentally sick
    I feel much happier listening to ( reading) all the posters
    on here than I did sitting for 25 years listening to rules
    & what i MUST think else I was doomed. Here i can say
    what I ruddy well like & i dont get DF...might get told off