Which Generation Are You?

by Bonnie_Clyde 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    The most interesting part of this conversation is everyone's paradigm with respect to the word generation and the wry comments from those who recognise it.
    Boomer. The generation that for all intents and purposes is no longer contributing to the world's population (or, at least, shouldn't be).

The article from the "Pew Research Center" states that "As the zeitgeist changes, labels that once seemed spot-on can fall out of fashion. Generational names are works in progress."

Anyway, I found it interesting that none of these generation labels were for more than 20 years, contrary to WT doctrine.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Lol at FlyingHighNow...being .as I am, a "saucy" early boomer......

Fertile? I do not really want to find out!

Overlap? yes I have overlapped with all the categories mention in the OP, but we are different generations, unless you follow the reasoning of the WT

• nugget
    nugget

another X

• Ding
    Ding

I knew a guy who was born in 1864.

According to the WT, I think that makes me part of the Civil War generation.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

Technically I'm Silent Generation; but in reality, I make a great deal of noise.

I bring up unpopular topics; unpopular judgments; unpopular norms.

It's like: Somebody has to take out the garbage, and somebody has to remind people--

What may be true MAY NOT BE what people already think they know.

I'm a pest. :)

Shechaiyah

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

What may be true MAY NOT BE what people already think they know.

That applies, of course, as much to you as anyone else.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Millennial Generation

• Heaven
    Heaven

Late Baby Boomer (1963).

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

X. And 'evidently' since my life overlaps that of my 94 year old grandmother, she too is a 'Generation X'er'

Sounds kind of silly, doesn't it?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So we're all 'overlapping' generations are we?

I always wondered what a 'baby boomer' was, I don't recall this term as being a UK one. Having said that the list says I'm a 'baby boomer' whatever one of those is.

I liked the punk band Generation X with Billy Idol......great band!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit