• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Later boomer: October 1958.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

baby boomer

• cantleave
    cantleave

Generation X - born 1966. I don't feel I overlap with anyone.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I honestly think the baby boomer generation should only apply to the first ten years after WWII. Then go from 55-65 and call it the rock and roll generation. Then 65 to 70 something should be called the lunar generation or moon kids. Lol.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The most interesting part of this conversation is everyone's paradigm with respect to the word generation and the wry comments from those who recognise it.

Boomer. The generation that for all intents and purposes is no longer contributing to the world's population (or, at least, shouldn't be).

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I guess some saucy late boomers might still be fertile. I'm sure not. ( Well, I might be accused of being at least some percent saucy. )

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm too late to the thread to throw an "ovelap generation" joke out there, so I guess I'll just roll with GenX.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Yes, MS, the irony has been noted. What defines a generation anyway? Whatever it is, it is relatively short. Any definition of generation I have heard doesn't fit with the Watchtower's new light definition.

gen·er·a·tion (jn-rshn)

n. 1. All of the offspring that are at the same stage of descent from a common ancestor: Mother and daughters represent two generations. 2. Biology A form or stage in the life cycle of an organism: asexual generation of a fern. 3. The average interval of time between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring. 4. a. A group of individuals born and living about the same time. b. A group of generally contemporaneous individuals regarded as having common cultural or social characteristics and attitudes: "They're the television generation" (Roger Enrico). 5. a. A stage or period of sequential technological development and innovation. b. A class of objects derived from a preceding class: a new generation of computers. 6. The formation of a line or geometric figure by the movement of a point or line. 7. The act or process of generating; origination, production, or procreation.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Gen X. Although in WT money, they're all the same.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Baby boomer here :)

some of the best music in the world

came out in the 60's and 70's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit