Which Generation Are You?

by Bonnie_Clyde 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Which “Generation” are you? And do you “overlap” with any or all of them?

Generation Y has become the popular nickname for current teens and young adults.

Millennial Generation refers to those born after 1980, the first generation to come of age in the new millennium.

Generation X covers people born from 1965 through 1980. X-ers are often depicted and described as savvy entrepreneurial owners.

Baby Boomer is drawn from the greet spike in births that began in 1946—following the end of World War II the year before—and ended almost as abruptly in 1964, around the time the birth control pill first went on the market.

Silent Generation describes adults born from 1928 through 1945. Children of the Great Depression and World War II, their “silent” label refers to the conformist and civic instincts that we associate with many of them. (It also makes for a nice contrast with the noisy waves of the anti-establishment boomers.)

Greatest Generation, those born before 1928, is the generation that fought and won World War II, both overseas and on the home front.

Source: Pew Research Center

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Bonnie/Clyde

You are obviously confused. Those are all the same Generation. Just like my grandfather and my grandson. Same Generation.

• Twitch
    Twitch

GenX

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

lol @ DesirousOfChange

I'm Generation X,but I guess I overlap with Generation Y and the pepsi generation.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Bah! I don't identify much with the Baby Boomers at all, especially since both of my folks are of the so-called "Silent Generation". The 'Boomers can keep their 'pepsi generation' thing, their social revolution, their polemics and their empty promises for all I care. LOL! (Apologies to any of my friends in this group but it's how I feel.) Previous generations had silently laid the groundwork for the changes in society that we saw during the 60's and 70's many decades before already. There was a lot of unfortunate showboating from too many of the 'Boomers that came up short in the end, IMHO.

I firmly identify with Gen X and their critical thinking, pragmatism and savvy. I also identify with Gen Y and the Millennials when it comes to their practicality and musicals tastes too.

V665V665

P.S. I don't want to start a war between generations here... Peace!

• Quentin
    Quentin

The generation that will grow old and die...same as the generations who have gone before me....

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Gen X. Born right smack-dab in the middle at 1973.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Millenium Generation - I turned 18 in the year 2000.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

late generation X, so could overlap a little with generation Y2K

as to the "greatest generation", are the people who fought and lost WW2 part of that too? or is that the "worst generation"?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Millenium, but I'm overlapping with all the other generations, so it does not matter. They are all the same generation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit