1874, 1914 and 1943

by TD 96 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

From Feb 15, 1928 Watchtower

added:

Watchtower 2009 12/15 p24 par.20

Have You Found the Messiah?
    20 Since 1914 we have been living in the period of Christ’s pa?rou?si′a, or presence. Although his presence as King of God’s Kingdom is invisible, it is obvious from the fulfillment of prophecies. (Rev. 6:2-8) Nevertheless, just like the first-century Jews, most people today ignore the evidence of the Messiah’s presence. They too want a political messiah or at least one who will work through human political rulers. You, though, came to know that Jesus is now reigning as King of God’s Kingdom. Were you not thrilled to find that out? Just like the first-century disciples, you were moved to proclaim: “We have found the Messiah.”

If one looks at what Watchtower 1928 par 24, there is no doubt that the same event taught today taking place in 1914 was taught to have occurred in 1874 as late as 1928!!!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Great thread this . . . thanks to all who laid down the facts

But my interest is purely one of Human Psychology . . . not so much WTS Doctrinal Chronology.

Yes DJ . . . I'm still watching . . . you're a fascinating object of interest I have to say. I wonder if you would agree to an interview for my current thesis?

ED: In a seperate thread of course

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

March 1,1922 Watchtower "1799-Time of the end."

" Lord's second presence began in 1874."

"End of the world in 1914."

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

sorry, not right watchtower, had something else on my mind.

• still thinking
    still thinking

sizemik...you would get the same result if you interviewed this guy...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

DJEggnog posts for himself. When you write that much, (and for those of us who know how to type, we all can fathom how long it takes) then you really might be counting time, or otherwise are just needing an emotional release.

Don Cameron's book is for JW's a devestating essay to the claim that JW's are the one true religion. The fact that 1) Not one thing they have prophesied has ever come true, and 2) At the moment, the best JW apologist of the moment is Eggnog says it all.

It is indisputeable that JW's got it wrong.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

March 1,1922 Watchtower

" Last days begin in 1799"

"Lord's second presence begin in 1874."

Got it right now.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I feel sorry for DJ -

He can't have any family close to him, no way they would put up with the kind of time he spends here.

Nobody in the kingdom halls like him.

He certainly makes a fool of himself here.

No way would anybody in his professed legal career like him, much less respect him.

I think we need to do something for him. I say we all chip in and and buy him this:

• sizemik
    sizemik
    sizemik...you would get the same result if you interviewed this guy...

I don't agree still thinking . . . not out of the front end anyway.

Most horses I have met are pretty switched on . . .

It's just that DJ is so forthcoming with that which mentally ails him . . . and his emotional connection to it . . . an ideal subject.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

djeggnog , I don't know who you are, but I recommend to you this study:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/177953/1/The-Kingdom-of-God-when-in-Heaven-according-to-Jesus

wantingtruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit