The Ancient Jewish CROSS and the ancient Hebrew letter Taw

by brit-93108 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sinis
    sinis

The cross means more than an instrument of death - it represents the four elements/corners of Earth (with a Celtic cross halo - representing the all encompassing cosmos). Its a symbol that encompasses everything known to man, and celebrating life. Its a symbol for both the dead and the living and predates the Romans/Bible etc by eons.

• DrG
    DrG

Hello everyone, my name is Dr.Al Garza and I came across this post while searching my book online for marketing. I would like to say thank you for your discussion and comments. I can assure you that my book, "The Ancient Jewish CROSS", is based on true historical research in the area of ancient Judaism. Before making harsh judgments or comments that are based on not reading the book, please check it out or you can contact me directly for any questions. My email is [email protected]. Thank you agian.

Dr.G

• wobble
    wobble

Dear brit93108,

Interesting though your posts have been,I feel you need to research a little more the matter of the Historical Jesus.

We do not know for sure that such a person existed ,let alone how , or why he died.

My own gut feeling, is , yes, there was such a man, a great preacher (though far from original) and doubless charismatic, but beyond that we cannot be sure of anything. (of course my "gut feeling" may be wrong too,he may not have existed)

To start to analyse every jot and tittle of scripture about Jesus, or any subject, is an abysmal waste of time, unless it is all fun to you, then , O.K have fun with all sorts of theories, but no conclusion could ever be reached.

• DrG
    DrG

Hello Wobble, I can not believe you could make such a statement as "We do not know for sure that such a person existed ,let alone how , or why he died."

I Have a been a student and a professor of Biblical Theology for over 20 years. There is no serious scholar in the world who would dare say that the person of Jesus never existed. You are the one who needs to go and do more research on the historical Jesus. You don't know what your talking about.

If you would like the resources, I would be happy to give them to you.

Dr.G

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hi Dr.G, welcome to the board.

I can assure you that my book, "The Ancient Jewish CROSS", is based on true historical research in the area of ancient Judaism. Before making harsh judgments or comments that are based on not reading the book

I'm not sure what you mean here. I looked through the thread and saw no harsh judgments about your book; the only post specifically discussing your book was the OP, which described it as "groundbreaking". The rest of the thread is mostly a discussion spun off from the OP, critiquing the opinions of the posters, not the book itself. Much of it is about what the Watchtower Society claims about the cross. I wouldn't critique your book per se since I haven't read it, whereas I had no hesitation in discussing and debating points that were brought up in this thread by the various posters.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I Have a been a student and a professor of Biblical Theology for over 20 years. There is no serious scholar in the world who would dare say that the person of Jesus never existed. You are the one who needs to go and do more research on the historical Jesus. You don't know what your talking about.

Oh, come now. Surely there must have been at least ONE such serious scholar.

• DrG
    DrG

Hello Leolala, I was refering to the person who said he was Jewish and that the quote Berit made from my book was ridiculous. I can assure you that everything in my book is well documented from Jewish and non-Jewish sources.

Also Mr.Woods there is not one SERIOUS scholar who woud dare say that Jesus did not exist. Non-Christian and Christian historians do not debate if he existed but rather debate the understanding of his teachings instead. Unless you can cite a well know historian who would dare go out on a limb and say it, I would like to know who he is. The burden of proof is on those who make such a claim with no valid evidence. Thanks again for this discussion.

Dr.G

• DrG
    DrG

I also need to make a comment that brit-93108 made, he stated that I was the publisher of some blog on the link he added. I have not posted any such blog and I am not the author of that blog that he linked on his comment. Thanks again for this discussion on my book.

Dr.G

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thank you for pointing that out. I too was doubtful if there was a connection, since the blog had an entirely different name asociated with it.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I had forgotten this thread.

As a matter of fact, I had forgotten the point it was trying to make -

Is the thread (and certain proponents of the thread) still saying that the origin of the execution cross of Jesus was the Hebrew letter tau?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit