What Is It That Really Troubles the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by orangefatcat 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Well I think what worries them the most is that more and more witnesses are becoming free thinkers and that is troubling them, it worries them that thinking freely will cause them to seek answers elsewhere and that is the last thing the GB wants. They have pulled the reins so tight now how much tighter can they pull before many witnesss crack under their yokes. What is your thoughts on this matter.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Their biggest worry is apostate bums on seats in their Kingdom Halls.

Outside and identified, apostates are relatively harmless to them.

Inside, and in good standing, but asking questions of their bretheren and families, they are the Watchtower's worst nightmare.

Think about that before you write that DA letter.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aaaarrrgh... I've been 'out' for a long time, so I haven't kept my finger on the current Gov.Bod's pulse, so to speak.

However, I feel you have a valid point - tho I think one could substitute "looking things up online" for "free thinkers...

The Watchtower Society has NEVER behaved in a kindly or supportive way towards people who do their own research - why, from the very beginning, C.T. Russell and his group preached AGAINST trying to obtain bible knowledge by one's lonesome...

Zid

• sabastious
    sabastious

The Governing Body have never used the term "Free Thinker" without it being within the topic of Satan and his Demons. They believe that any thinking independent from them, as they are the sole means of communication with God, is satanic. They believe that THEY are the only free thinkers on the planet. I personally don't think they fear much. Their egos keep them nice in snug within their fantasy and their minions keep them fed well and their butts wiped often.

-Sab

• breakfast of champions
  • RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@Black Sheep - "Outside and identified, apostates are relatively harmless to them. Inside, and in good standing, but asking questions of their bretheren and families, they are the Watchtower's worst nightmare."

Awesome point- I will NEVER DA they are going to have to work really really hard to kick me out and if publishers see enough sincere "apostates" being spiritually executed it will have a huge impact.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is it that Really Troubles the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witness`s?

Gerrit Losch: "Hemoroids..Ya..It has to be the Dam Hemoriods"..

David Splane: "We don`t Do Much but Sit Around"..

Samuel Herd: "Ya..We`re pretty much Useless"..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Gayle
    Gayle

I personally don't think they fear much. Their egos keep them nice in snug within their fantasy and their minions keep them fed well and their butts wiped often.

from Sabastious..I agree,,thank you

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

What troubles Governing Body membrers, the fact that they dont have not 1 living scholar that supports their doctrine.

I think that they are bringing this hard line approach because they are aware that this religion wont last thanks to the information highway, or they believe in their own lies and somehow decrease in publishers = armageddom lol.

• wobble
    wobble

The GB run a money making religious scam that is a Ponzi scheme, what worries them is less $$$ rolling in.

They have huge loss of revenue as Internet enabled people leave, their response is to urge more work in recruiting by the unpaid R&F, which ain't working too well in the educated by Internet world.

It is only the threat to their rock-star lifestyle through diminished revenue that worries them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit