DO NOT have children in this system!!

by What Now? 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

The sentiment of "I wouldn't want to bring a child into this world," certainly exists outside the JW's, but I don't know of any study that demonstrates it to be the majority opinion. If someone knows of a study on that subject, I would find it interesting. Regarding the JW's, I think they exploit the sentiment when they encounter someone who feels that way. My JW friend is an example. Before she became a JW, she did not want to bring a child into the world because she felt the world was inhospitable to nurturing a healthy family. As she became indoctrinated with the JW ideas, she could then say she will wait until the new system where everything will be perfect to have children. She said, "I want my children to know I loved them enough to wait."

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

My grandma had about 10 kids. Just to have better chances at one making it in the world. lolz

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Having kids in this old system was the best decision we ever made. There is nothing better than watching your kids grow and learn. It is something special to have one of your little ones fall asleep in your lap. Don't get me wrong. It is way harder than I thought it would be, but it is more rewarding also. I look forward to watching my kids grow and start to have families of their own.

I feel tremendous sadness when I see childless couples who have deferred families for the sake of the Kingdom. They will grow old and look back with regret that they can't express openly as long as they are stuck in the organization. If you are thinking about having kids and are stable financially, and emotionally with a great mate, I can't recommend it more.

SIAM

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I can remember back in the sixties that having children was viewed by many as an act of disloyalty.....To be fair the printed pages seem to say that if you are married then there should be no criticism for pregnancy....but should you marry???

WT 1956 p 602/603 "He That Marries Not Does Better"

"This advice was of personal advantage to Christians nineteen hundred years in the past. It is no less of personal advantage to us now since the Kingdom was born in the heavens A.D. 1914 and the time left of this old world’s “time of the end” has been reduced by more than forty years and not very much appears yet to be left.

Consequently, he also that gives his virginity in marriage does well, but he that does not give it in marriage will do better.” A better course is also open to widows who could remarry. Since her husband has fallen asleep in death, “she is free to be married to whom she wants, only in the Lord. But she is happier if she remains as she is,” not rebound to a new husband for as long as he lives faithful in this world. We can have faith that singleness is the better way, the happier way, because this counsel is the opinion of the apostle Paul, who certainly thought he also had God’s spirit at the time of writing this.—1 Cor. 7:38-40, NW."

Get what they forecast for marriage in the New World !
    Marriage then will be regulated by the Everlasting Father whom Jehovah God uses to fight the battle of Armageddon and to bruise the great Serpent, the wicked marriage disturber, in the head. So the Everlasting Father Jesus Christ will have redeemed his earthly children through Armageddon just as much as Jehovah redeemed Noah and his family through the Flood and as Jehovah redeemed the Israelites out of Egypt and through the Red Sea. As all those redeemed ones belonged to Jehovah God, so all the Armageddon survivors will belong to their Redeemer Jesus Christ. As Everlasting Father to his earthly daughters he will give in marriage whomsoever of them he pleases and to whomsoever he chooses. That way there will be no poor selection of mates, and no one will experience a disappointment after marriage.

Marry him because Father says so ! - Oh Boy....

• redhare67
    redhare67

The BIBLE never teaches, not to have children in this time, but if you decided to do so, because of the ministry or for whatever reason, you have not err, there is no law that commands us to have children or we would break god s law, if we do not have. As free moral agents, the choice is yours, without breaking a law( God s or man s)

• serein
    serein

iv got 8 kids and i know of a couple who want kids but cant have them it makes me feel sad the only reason they cant have kids is becouse of the blood isue the wifes ill and shed need blood if she got pegnant and had a child,its so sad as when i went to kh i always felt sad for her when i got pregnant and had all my kids around me and others were geting pregnant, she could have children but not wile shes a jw,in the "new system" she wont have kids cos no ones gona be having kids ever as i was told anyways acording to jws beleived views,so i dont know how couples get to the understanding that theyl have em in new system,

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

My in-laws went back & forth whether or not to have kids 1975 was so close. My husband never pictured himself having children. I was back & forth. My body wanted to have babies but my JW mind kept saying no I should pursue full time service.

Well on a weekend trip we left the condoms and we could not wait to go to the store in the morning. My girl was born 9 mths later. My sick JW mind actually resented her at times since I could not balance motherhood & pioneering. I'm grateful for an older sister who counseled me. She said "You are fulfilling God's original purpose to hell with pioneering. What good is it to pioneer & risk ruining your child's childhood? Have you ever considered how many pioneers children don't stay in the truth? Pioneer after she's grown up until then she is your priority. "

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

If all Witnesses stopped having children there would be no more born-ins, far fewer shunning victims and no more child sacrifices to the blood idol. The Watchtower might even die out. Maybe not such a bad thing after all.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Anyone who thinks the world is worse and worse simply hasn't studied any history.

This is THE BEST time for a human being to be alive and the comparison isn't even remotely close.

Agreed, and you dont even have to "study" history.

Just pick up a history book and read it.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, What Now.... Dude!!

I was eleven - twelve years old when I heard about "poopy diapers", and I decided then and there not to have kids...

[I was beaten and bullied into the religion from the age of 5, but THAT had nothing to do with my decision... But I used the 'corporate' line to fend off nosy JWs...]

Later on, when I learned about the damages done to Planet Earth by human overpopulation, that reinforced my decision to avoid parenthood...

It has been the BEST decision I've ever made!! Every time I see a mother struggling with 3 - 4 - 5 children, teenagers being lippy and arrogant, college tuition and fees - I am SO GLAD that I didn't have kids!!

Plus, since I knew at heart that I would eventually escape, remaining childless made it easier to get out. If I'd had kids, there would have been: child custody, child support, extra mouths to feed on a relatively unskilled worker's salary, need for a larger residence - preferably with a yard, and pets, and clothes for the kids, doctors and dentists for the kids, and so on...

All on a single woman's earnings...

Like I said, deciding to remain childless was the best decision I ever made!!

Besides...

Pity the poor kid raised by a She-Devil!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit