Do you have ...

by talesin 61 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate"

And with that said,, I'm off to watch Cool Hand Luke on TCM (Turner Classic Movie channel),,,, it's just starting ...

Checking in later!

tal

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Woooot!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Sure thing!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

“Accept truth wherever you find it, no matter what it contradicts.” -Charles T. Russell
    Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence, pp. 8-9 July 1879

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"What ordinary people once made, they buy; and what they once fixed for themselves, they replace entirely or hire an expert to repair, whose expert fix often involves installing a pre-made replacement part...so perhaps the time is ripe for reconsideration of an ideal that has fallen out of favor: manual competence."

-Mathew B. Crawford, author of Shop Class as Soul Craft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work

• talesin
    talesin

I just acquired a new quote,,,

You made me like I am,

And just where am I supposed to fit in?

~ Cool Hand Luke, talkin' to God

And yes, B, it was great! Alec Baldwin did a little chat about Newman after the flick, and said his fav was The Verdict, so I'm thinking, yeeessss, time to revisit that tale, it's been many years since I saw it.

ds - received! :D

OTWO -- that is just one of the bestest WT ever quotes, and reminds me of something Whitman would say.

sooner -- seldom heard, and oh so true; after reading the first page on Amazon, I ordered it from the library. tx, and maybe time for a new book thread, hmmm...

t

• Jack C.
    Jack C.

Lord, thy sea is so great and my boat so small.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

"I BELIEVE IN EVERYTHING until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists even if it is in your mind. Who's to say that dreams...aren't as real as the here and now?" ***John Lennon***

"You got to believe in foolish miracles." Ozzie

"Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it." Talluah Bankhead

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love this one:

(On seeing a former lover for the first time in years) I thought I told you to wait in the car.
    Tallulah Bankhead

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Cool Hand Luke is one of my faves!!! Sexy man awesome theme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit