Do you have ...

by talesin 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I love mankind; it's people I can't stand. Charlie Brown

We've found the enemy...and dey is us. Pogo

Democracy is the absolute worst form of government—except for all the others. Churchill

• Heaven
    Heaven

I'm going to write it in my little book as a comeback for people who mock me for talking to the animals (yes, I do, and they talk back).

Tal, that quote struck me right in the heart. They do listen and they do talk back. Me and my cat (she is gone now to the multi-level climby thing in the sky [borrowed from "Over the Hedge"] ) used to have whole conversations. She was a sweetie.

PaulnotSaul, I love that quote from Dune. I also like the quote, also from Dune, "The sleeper has awakened."

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

-Stephen Roberts

• shamus100
    shamus100

The dingo didn't eat my baby...

• Quendi
    Quendi

I've got too many to share them all. One of the files on my hard drive is called "Quotebook" where I hog all the quotes I like. I will share some thoughts that always make me smile from Jean Kerr.

"I'm tired of all this talk about beauty being only skin deep. That's deep enough! What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"

And this one from the same source:

"If you can keep your head about you when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible that you haven't grasped the situation."

Quendi

• talesin
    talesin

Van --- good ole' charley brown, somedays it's tough to like people ,,, and I remember that Pogo one --- tooo true. Churchill was the most quotable pol ever,, and that is so true!

Heaven - I talk to the crows in my back lane (conversation with my kitty is a 'given'), and they answer back ...

Low-Key -- that is an awesome one ... I'm googling Roberts,,, the name is ringing a bell ..

hahaha, Shamus, you just reminded me of that Seinfeld episode ....

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Quendi ---- LOL (and yes, I am!!!!) at the beauty one ... and I think Kipling might take exception to the second ... :)

t

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Everything is material for the seed of happiness, if you look into it with inquisitiveness and curiosity. The future is completely open, and we are writing it moment to moment. There always is the potential to create an environment of blame -- or one that is conducive to loving-kindness.

- Pema Chodron

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

You can't polish a turd.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"Where I'm from? A little town called none o' ya goddamn bizness."

Leonard Washington

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit