Breaking News: Explosion in Oslo

by leavingwt 99 Replies latest social current

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

All the Nordic countries will stand still one minute in silence today to commemorate those who died in the massacre and bombings in Oslo.

• Curtains
    Curtains

Inquiryman your commemoration will occur at 11am over here and I hope to observe it. thanks for letting us know.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Amazing - more than 100,000 people in Oslo (20 per cent of the population) gathered at the city square with roses in their hands showing support for the victims and a firm resolve to meet hatred with love, tolerance and compassion. I am proud to live in such a human country.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Well, in fact 150,000 were gathered. Never been so many assembled at one time since liberation day May 8th 1945

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Well, in fact 150,000 were gathered. Never been so many assembled at one time since liberation day May 8th 1945

• cantleave
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

The more I hear about this story, the more disgusted I am by the sites/sentiments some here are known to hold dear.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

A month has passed and life has returned to close to normal, at least for those directly affected.

News concerning this action are still on the front page news every single day in one way or another.

The last funeral took place yesterday, cause the sister of one of the terror victims had to be admitted from hospital in order to attend the funeral.

A recent survey has shown that 1 out of 4 norwegians, a quarter of the population of five million, knows someone who has been affected by the terror shooting or bombs.

That shows how such an event has a major impact on a small country.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Inquiry, does Norway have the death penalty?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No. the most he can get is 20 years in prison---from what I understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit