On my way to Cleveland for the 2011 "Let God's Kingdom Come" District Convention!

by MrFreeze 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL this thread has made me realize there are probably enough of us in Cleveland, Pittsburgh and surrounding areas to fill the Wolstein center.

NC

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I think Pittsburgh is going to be the apostate capital of the world. It's funny,ironic,that the Watchtower org. was started in Pittsburgh,Allegheny county. Hmmm.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

INTERESTING!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

NewChapter, we could probably fill the Wolstein Center, but which of us would be crazy enough to walk back in there again?

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Hey, Went to the Indians game last night (was a rain out after sitting there for 2 hours) and again saw Witnesses walking down the street. It was funny, some guys selling tickets on the street offered them tickets. They just shook their head and said they weren't going to the game. My daughter thought that was hilarious! With so many events up there all the parking was $20, instead of the usual $10. We usually park at a Catholic Church (ST Marons) but I KNOW the JWs wouldn't park there! Don't know why they would park so far away from Wolstein and walk so far in this heat. I never was at Wolstein, do they not have enough parking there for the events? Mr Freeze, like your new avatar. The Pirates are kicking some serious butt this year. Too bad the Indians are starting the slide to the basement.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

SafeAtHome,the parking for the convention in Cleveland has always sucked. Only those with handicapped parking are able to park close to the Wolstein Center,every other parking lot used for the convention is blocks away.

Of course,there are those who park closer in private lots where you have to pay five dollars. Of course,you're looked on by other Witnesses like you're dirt,if you do.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

I attended for the first time in 18 years I think. My mother is wheel-chair dependent and her health ups and downs made it difficult to plan the trip with others in the congregation, which they usually do. Both my parents are active witnesses. They don't know about the net or that I'm competing for "Apostate of the Decade" here on JW.net (tee hee) Anyway, she's 84 and my dad is 85 so them driving on their own would have driven me crazy with worry, so against my usual preferences I offered to drive them if they got me my own motel room. I wasn't planning on attending the meetings but the motel was too far to really go back and forth so I ended up attending and was surprised how much I actually enjoyed it. I'll write about the experience separately. I used to rail at the false teachings but now I just shrug at them. Christ puts "new wine" into new wineskins but not "old wineskins" so I consider the false teachings "out of date" rather than false and some of those details don't matter to the masses anyway. The sound was great and they've got it where you don't really get bored, with lots of symposiums, interspersed with experiences and two dramas plus lots of new releases. No talk is over 45 minutes and the average is about 20 minutes, so the meetings moved right along. LS

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That is true Lars, the assemblies are catering to low attention spans with 10-25 minute parts. Still 10-25 minutes too long.

SafeAtHome, my parents and sister were at that convention. Chances are I even know the people who turned the ticket offer down.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Totally ADD I just replied to you PM. Sorry it took so long, I haven't been on the computer very much in the last few days.

I didn't realize there are so many XJW's in the Pittsburgh area. I was begining to think that I was the only one, it's nice to know I'm not alone. We should all meet up at the Pyramid for an Apostafest....LOL!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Congratulations!!

Have a beer or a cocktail and kick back and enjoy yourself!!

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit