A simple way to tell God probably doesn't exist

by poor places 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sulla
    Sulla
    Yes, its rather simple really- communicate to a goddamn Baptist Sunday School bus driver that he needs new brakes. How frickin simple is that!

Boys and girls, it really is not enough to leave the JWs. If you leave the JWs but remain stupid, how are you really helped? Wouldn't it be better, if this is the case, simply to go back to your friends and family? Leaving the JWs is a first step; you have to become the man you were meant to be by working your mind. Otherwise, you're just a bad JW, really.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Hmm sounds like there might be more to that comment than meets the eye so keep in mind the question wasn't meant to start a flame war or anything. I really don't believe there is anything God could do to prove his existance to humans as we exist today.

If I end up in heaven or maybe hell (God forbid ) or even waking up in the "New System" then maybe I will have enough proof.

I really can't think of anything that God could do to "make" me believe. Kind of the ultimate catch 22...

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

All probably sounds good unless you've seen and spoken with God personally as I have or have had some direct or indirect connection via holy spirit as do the "elect" (i.e. 1,440,000 king-priests to rule with Christ for 1000 years soon). In that case, we have direct proof God exists and that he is the God of the Bible. So we're out of the "guessing" loop as far as the existence of God goes. It's a little different for the "anointed" at this point in time, that is, post 1947. Jehovah and Christ are more active now. LS

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hi Lars!

How ya been?

• bohm
    bohm

Sulla:

Boys and girls, it really is not enough to leave the JWs. If you leave the JWs but remain stupid, how are you really helped? Wouldn't it be better, if this is the case, simply to go back to your friends and family?

Thanks for spending your 31th post telling us we are stupid. We really appreciate that kind of input, especially since you put it in a condescending way. I bet many are now thinking: Who the f#ck is she to judge us after 31 posts, what does she know? and giving us your life-altering words despite such stigma is something we all appreciate.

Leaving the JWs is a first step; you have to become the man you were meant to be by working your mind. Otherwise, you're just a bad JW, really.

I know I (and i think 100s of fellow posters) are right now going: "sweet jesus that's profound, we have to use our mind. I am just being a bad JW right now!". Thank you for that firm piece of advice.

In all seriousness, if people are being dismissive of an argument, it may be evidence of ignorance (the conclusion you seem to jump to after 31 posts worth of prodding), or that we have heard the argument a gazillion times over.

Rather than telling us to work our mind (which is a rather vague meta-thing to say since everyone here properly think they are using their mind), I would advice you to try to engage fellow posters by what you consider to be good arguments, either as a new topic or by addressing points raised on this thread.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    When's the last time you prayed to God? Did he respond?
    I prayed to him for years and years and received no response. At times, I would grasp at straws and try to interpret an experience of mine as an answer to a prayer. But it was only grasping at straws. He never responded. At times, all I would ask for is a sign. There were no signs.

Sounds to me like he just said "No."

• designs
    designs

Hey Sulla is just being a Sulla

• designs
    designs

You see the question was 'What could God do to make you believe in him' scenarios were given for the question to be answered, response 'that's not a fair question', oh if you wanted me to ask your question on a scenario for which you think you have an answer you should have said so in the first place

I thought one of God's claims in the Bible is to be telepathic, can he or can't he put thoughts in peoples minds, especially his followers.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

"God" is Universal Consciousness and is present in every atom. The Absolute Source is pure Love, but to us he is Chaos. He is at the very top of all the dimensions and cannot interact with humanity. This is why most religions teach that there needs to be a MEDIATOR between man and God. There can be no physical matter without the LOGOS.

We would be be able to sense the next highest dimension/octave by increasing our vibratory level, but right now we have pineal glands that for the most part aren't working.... it's like we have an antenna that's limited to receiving Channel 2 and all the higher channels are out of our range. In order to "hear" the Universal Consciousness we would need to develop ESP... the term speaks for itself... we have limited perception but there exists a higher perception. If you doubt this, ask yourself why a dog can hear sounds that humans can't, or why dolphins can communicate telepathically across thousands of miles, or why birds and fish can fly/swim in perfectly co-ordinated movements. Obviously there's something going on that we're not privy to....

Jacob named the place Peniel (which means "face of God"), for he said, "I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been spared." ~Genesis 32:30 NLT

The 2012 prophecies say that the switch is being turned on...... and the interesting thing is, if one doubts it, one will stay disconnected a lot longer than one who doesn't. Jesus said with a mustard grain of faith you can do all the things he did and more. Without that faith.... continued sleep. That's why the Kabbalists say the Mark of the Beast is a blocked pineal gland or Third Eye. I just love Ash Wednesdays when the cattle gets branded.....

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

'No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.'
    1 John 4:12 NLT

The problem with using the bible as an authority, is that it covers all bases and ends up being contradictory. Which is why many Christians have abandoned the bible and set up a hot wire to Jesus.

So which scripture is telling the truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit