How Many on JWNet are still JWs?

by RayPublisher 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I resigned as an elder a year ago. Totally walked out. Told the service oversneer I would never go back. Jaws dropped.

Since they have heard I've been going to a Baptist Church....no hard evidence that they desperately need to nail my backside.

They are itching to DA me but I heard recently from a former BOE member no one on the body wants to approach me. I told them to leave me alone and I'm not talking to them about religion or the watchtower.

Many dubs are a bit afraid of me for some reason. They see me and skitter away red faced heads down and afraid!

I saw the CoBE the other week (bearing in mind I don't give a monkeys who I see as I'm not afraid of an organization or men who have no authority over me), he pretended not to see me and turned a corner. I was with my (inactive, craptized), son who's now tattooed, peirced and tough as nails.

Thus I remain the arch angel apostate of my hood!

• d
    d

I am been out for 3yrs I left at 17 and feel free at 20 years old .Free at last

• jam
    jam

Punkofnice; You are the group that is coming out

that is scaring the hell of out of the WT. You are the

group that is not intimidated by the Elders, since

you were A elder yourself. You know it,s all BS,

love it..

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Franklin..

I am in the southeast. Yes..we now have sisters carrying the mics. They are wearing head coverings. The elder body made a case in the last meeting with the CO that the attendence/qualification of brothers in our hall is low. The CO told them to use the sisters. They are allowed to handle stage and the sound system as well. However, the elder in charge of overseeing the sound said to keep them as substitutes for now (fill-ins for those on the list who don't show up).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

....we now have sisters carrying the mics.

I heard a CO give that advise over 20 years ago while in a cong where very few brothers were "reaching out". He said to have a sister (with head covering) read the paragraphs at the bookstudy and you'll see some lethargic brothers get there butt in gear. Never did see that happen, but I was told that one of the elders conducting his bookstudy read the paragraphs himself when no "qualifed" brothers were there. Several brothers there. Just no "qualified" ones.

In our present cong is it not uncommon for some of the elders to walk the mics. I think it's an effort to appear humble rather than not having enough "qualified" men to do it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This question reminded me of a previous post which said that current (or at least former) COs were members here. True? Anyone care to fess up? Or, can anyone substantiate that?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'm inactive and trying to carefully tip-toe around the religion thing and my family's concerns about me over it. I like to think that I'm in the final, extended phase of a fade-out. I haven't seen the inside of my local KH for about three years now and I still have no intention of going back. Taken as a whole, I don't miss the congregations in the least; not mine or any others I've visited. I'm fearing what my family might have heard about how to treat inactive ones during this year's DC but I'm far too stubborn and non-conformist to go scurrying back over fears about what MIGHT happen...

V665V665

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Me. Decieving my family in believing i'm the wonderful witness they want me to be...though they can tell something is wrong because i have no "zeal" anymore. Just staying till I have the resources to leave home and MOVE. I'm just afraid I will lose my family which will inevitably happen. Dont know how to face the real world.

• wobble
    wobble

I walked out of the KH in early spring 2008, and with a strange feeling of sadness yet exhileration, I said to myself, I am never going back.

I had been 58 years in.

I am not DA'd or DF'd I just am not a JW anymore.

I am free and happy.

• Eclectic
    Eclectic

This is a very interesting topic. I am an active freelance JW. I ask the administration to send this question to every user and tell us the results. Is it possible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit