How Many on JWNet are still JWs?

by RayPublisher 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    Most who are inactive have not abandoned the truth; they have simply stopped preaching because of discouragement, personal problems, materialism, or other anxieties of life.

That might have been true at one time, but I bet that ain't true nowadays. I bet that most who are inactive have (or are trying to) abandoned the truth cult. Yes, they're discouraged and have problems and anxiety...all brought about because of having to deal with trying to leave a cult.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Inactive. Going on my 2 year fade from the org.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Although I have been well and truly out for along time now, I can still relate to those JWs who are presently "lurking" on sites such as this. Harboring secret doubts after the failure of WTS prophecy ref. 1975, I began my exit in the days before the Internet; but read everything about the JWs that I could find in any public library I that entered:

- principallySchnell's 30 Years a Watchtower Slave, Stevenson's 1975 - Year of Doom?, and Penton's Apocalypse Postponed.

As many (perhaps the majority?) here would have discovered, to know is one thing, to act on ones knowledge is entirely another matter. It is not always that simple to make the break, particularly if family is involved. In my case, finally making the move did end up costing me my family.

Probably as a legacy of those years leading up to my exit, I still have nightmares in which I have broken with the JWs, but am still receiving assignment forms to do talks on the Ministry School!

Bill

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Still in and attending meetings. No door to door sales anymore.
    Amazingly enough, still haven't lost the microphone passing "privilege" as well as the occasional reading for the CB study. But the axe has to be dropping soon.
    What's taking so long? LOL

CoC

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Still in. Nonbelieving. Good standing. Fading.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I am disfellowshipped and never, ever going back!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm in, trying to fade gradually. Still in good standing and recently everyone is wondering why I'm not a MS yet.

I'm curious to why the congregation cares about whether you became an MS or not? How is that any of anyone's business but your own?

-Sab

• minimus
    minimus

I'm "inactive".

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I commend those of you still in knowing it's a lie. I couldn't do it. I kept telling myself to take it slow that way I could win over my husband but after the last elders visit everything inside me said run. My husband would take too long and I was tired of the misery. I hope he can be won without a word

• jam
    jam

This is very interesting, think of the impact this will

have on the borg. If there is A large number of JWs

that is still in ( in name only, and do not believe the BS)

and is not bullied by the Elders, or not shaking in thier

shoes when spoken to by the glorious ones.

What will happen if 1% of the congregation is still

in because of family, but because of the education one

recieve from JWnet , elders can not touch them.

Maybe these folks can do more damage inside or

until they can not take it anymore. Remerber these

are the ones who know the truth about the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit