How Many on JWNet are still JWs?

by RayPublisher 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Interesting Blondie, anything after '96'?

• blondie
    blondie

That was from an old post; I'll see what I find on the recent CD. It shows though why it is so confusing and how the WTS speaks out of both sides of its mouth.

be speaking/talking out of both sides of your mouth (American)

to say different things about the same subject when you are with different people in order to always please the people you are with How can we trust any politicians when we know they're speaking out of both sides of their mouths?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

we walked out one day never to return and want nothing more to do with it.

• bigmac
    bigmac

last year, being new her & confused as to who was who--i asked members to state if they were still active JW or not.

i blundered in to a minefield--nearly got cyber -lynched.

shit--meet fan.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I'm officialy still in. But lost my believe in the watchtower organisation. I'm attending sometimes for keeping my family together.

No guilt, i'm beyond that point.

15 years ago I read Ray Franz, and new enough.

It feels like losing my believe in Santaclaus.

I'm 4th generation JW.

I hate the religion. Got the stamp JW when I was born...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Wow, how to be a JW. Maintain current publications and deny everything else exists. I know that a few years ago when some of my friends found out how inactive I am. (I moved out of the area, different circuit and district so it';s hard for them to keep track of me). They were surprissed that I didn't turn into a lying, stealing, immoral, drug addict and disco dancer.

• paladin
    paladin

Still in, but woke up and mentally out after finding this web site.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Still in, reasonably active, well regarded.

Would leave tomorrow if it were not for wife and family. Trapped for now.

George

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Not active but attend the occasonal meeting.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

It is good to see so many still in with serious doubts or outright rejection of this cancerous religion. Some days I am hopeful that it is simply rotting from the inside out. The die hards are aging and dying out quickly, and the youth aren't as commited by a long shot. Apathy may be a slow killer, but it is death dealing in the end. While those stuck in can't enjoy real freedom, they can reach others inside as long as they are careful. In the end, its up to each person to leave physically when the time is right. I don't resent the elders who stay in either, as long as they are contributing the the demise the cult then they may as well stay in as long as they can stand it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit