What is the crappiest job you have ever had?

by gilwarrior 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Sky
    Sky

Hey Syn,
    I saw a guy at a club Saturday night, looked like you! ;)
    He wasnt from South Africa though... hahaha
    Kisses!
    Sky

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

SHOVELING SHIT OUT OF A BARN but was helping uncle who had an operation and could not do it himself, so you take the good with the bad.

• Trixie
    Trixie

Putting away clothes that people had just tried on at the Target Dressing room. I couldn't believe people had tried on some of the ghastly clothes I saw there. Most clothes were fine, I just hated putting away and dealing with swimsuits that people had just worn. At night I had to straighten up the clothing sections that people had ransacked. For someone who hates to clean, this job drove me crazy.

• TR
    TR

Working at a granola bakery. Pain in the ass.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

Sky your post brings back many (not fond) memories of my job in the local nursing home, I was a nursing assistant there. Since i was male i got all the horny old gals asking me to slip them a "stiffy". the job literaly made me sick on numerous occations. I quit and promised myself i would never do that type of work again!............Jedd

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Gag a Maggot Sky...if I had to do the job you did I would probably become a serial killer and be looking at the GB as my next victims. Yuck, that sounded horrible.

Anyway my worst job was working for the Presiding Overseer when I was a regular pioneer picking peaches in his damn orchard. I was getting stung by bees, kept falling off tall ladders and was usually covered with mud because the ground was soaked. The hours were long and he paid 10 cents for each crate of peaches you picked. I think I managed to get up to about $3.00 per hour. What really pissed me off to quit though (I desperately needed the money as nobody in our congregation gave a shit if you were a pioneer or not and starving) was once when someone knocked the 14 foot ladder I was standing on (at the top rung) from underneath me and as I was falling I grabbed on to a tree limb to save myself. Well the old bastard was watching me and screams at me to let go of the tree limb because he is worried about the damn limb than if I would break a leg. He even told me that if I didn't let go immediately that he would fire me. Anyway someone else quickly managed to get a ladder up to me but the PO wouldn't talk to me for a week after that and I just quit.

Working for dubs has got to be a shitty job.

Skipper

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's a toss-up between the Bag-Boy job (first job) and Student Aid job in the Dean's office at college. In both positions I had to deal with sadistic supervisors who loved to to torment the employees.

A few months ago I was listening to a radio show. They were having people call in with their worst jobs too. The worst one I heard was of a guy who's job was to clean the cum out of the little rooms at a strip club.

Now THATS a bad job!

Religion Stops a Thinking Mind!
    <x ><

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

The one I currently hold, I think! I'm the Special Services Supervisor at a big retail company, and we are intentionally under-staffed and under-experienced, in all departments. It's this way in most of our stores, so no point in transferring, and the company is highly successful, so there doesn't seem to be much likelihood of improvement anytime soon. Very stressful and unsatisfying work. A lot of pressure is put on all Department Supervisors to achieve the minimum 90% on frequent audits.

But it pays pretty well, so I'll wait for them to get tired of me first!

• copsec
    copsec

Being a Home Health Care Giver and having to

A: Give an old lady a bath who hadn't had one in THREE MONTHS! It took four tubs of water to get her clean

B: Give her husband a bath too

C. Clean the dishes in her sink that had maggots on them

D: Clean the cat shit that was ankle high off the floor!!!!!!!!

EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Simon
    Simon

Working on a farm, picking carrots and potatos by hand in winter with numb hands and a breaking back then loading up the trailor at the end of the day.

Driving tractors wasn't so bad (old open ones, no luxury cabs!) but it was all brain numbing and back breaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit