What is the crappiest job you have ever had?

by gilwarrior 43 Replies latest jw friends

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

For me it was when I was living in Mexico and I got a job as a waiter out of sheer boardom. The pay was lousy, the work was hard, the boss was an asshole, and at the end of the week I was told that I was not good enough to be a waiter and I was fired. Thank God!

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Working in a bread factory.

It sure was different from farming!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Cleaning for a funeral home!!! Awful but true ((((shudders at the memory))) And yes, I had to clean the embalming room. ewwwwwww
    That job lasted less than a month.

betweenworlds

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Working on a process line in a sauce bottling factory. I lasted 10 days then punched the foreman out. We both got sacked, because he threw the first punch.

• Celtic
    Celtic

What? You mean besides Window Cleaning?

It had to be Tank Cleaning in Falmouth Docks, that is, climbing down inside the huge holds of oil tankers and cleaning the bottom of the holds of residue oil, absolutely filthy job, obnoxious fumes from the oil, bunging wet clay into the outlet valves, definitely a no no. Would have helped to if they had oxogenated the hold first instead of breathing in near pure, whatever that gaseous emission was, yuck, dreadful job.

Peace

Celtic

Free Tibet & Drop The Debt!!

• Rummy1
    Rummy1

I've had loads :
    1)Stacking shelves in Asda
    2)Cleaning at Marks and Spenser started 5-30 am -8am
    Then I went to Asda for 1-2 hours then I pioneered
    all day and I thought I was soooo coooll
    Wat a waste of time
    3)Window Cleaning in all weathers although it can be
    quite good money
    4)Delivering pizzas on a moped for Dominoes lasted 1wk
    5)Cleaning floors at the corner shop
    6)Stripping paint off assembly chairs

• nelly136
    nelly136

meat packing,putting green meat in packets then watching it turn
    healthy red after it had a quick pump of gas and was sealed in,
    lasted two days there,
    nelly

• Wickid
    Wickid

I suppose it could have been worse, but for me, it was working for my father all day in an appliance repair shop as the "grunt", and then working all night for my future JW father-in-law who was the cheapest bastard on this or any other planet cleaning commercial buildings for what translated into WAY less than minumum wage. There simply was no time for sleep, and I got very little for those 4 years. The cool part was when I would fall asleep driving to and from each job and back home; only had 2 one car accidents. How could this happen? Because higher education was strictly forbidden. In that same 4 years of sleep deprived stupor, I could have earned an undergraduate degree. It didn't kill me, so it made me stronger, right? Uh, yeah, whatever. Man, I sure do miss being a Watchtower soldier. [NOT] End of rant.

• sleepy
    sleepy

That most amazing career choice pioneering.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Manure salesman.

Slipnslidemaster:"Baywatch has enriched and, in many cases, helped save lives. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to continue with a project which has has such a significance for so many."
    - David Hasselhoff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit