I'm new here..... Studying with the Witnesses

by PenelopePaige 160 Replies latest jw friends

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Concerned JW, you say this site is very one-sided. But what about the bible study that penelope is following? Or the kingdom hall? They are even more one-sided.

And please when you say my statements are a lie, pick one and prove its a lie. You can't.

And if JW's don't claim to be perfect, why do they make people give up their lives for their imperfect doctrine? Don't they care about people dying when they could be wrong?

• Concerned JW
    Concerned JW

Everything witnesses believe can be examined against the Bible as to whether they are correct or not. This is what you would do with any Christian faith therefore not a closed forum. Your perfection argument is faulty because it requires that some group are perfect now which is impossible according to the bible. People look for bible truth it is upto you to decide which group has it in this time. It is Jehovah and his word the Bible we make our commitment too as Witnesses. Jesus gave this commision to the Appostles (imperfect men) onwards to this time to gather together God's people under biblical command.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Penelope

If you want to stop thinking for yourself ,have a small body of men in america dictate what you beleive ,how you should dress, who you should associate with, what entertainment you should watch , what you should read , what kind of sex life you should lead ,keep getting changed interpretations of bible prophecys,some backtracking on each other , then by all means become a Jehovah`s Witness if you do that then I`m sorry I have no pity on you,you deserve what you get. Read " Captives of a Concept " before you go any further

I was in for 33 years and I`m still suffering

smiddy

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Concerned JW wrote:

Not closed in the sense that people are stopped coming on here to defend witnesses but look what happens now I have defended the witnesses.

Yes. Look what happened. In the two posts before you posted the above. I simply pointed out that it is not a closed forum, and the second poster invited you to share your views.

The sheer weight of numbers on here against Witnesses stops it being a fair debate forum. Therefore this site is very one-sided and closed against Witnesses.

I believe the numbers are due to active Witnesses choosing not to come here. Regardless of the numbers, you are free to disagree with the majority, express yourself, and others are free to express themselves. That's all this site is - just people expressing themselves on the subject of JW's and WT.

• Concerned JW
    Concerned JW

Fair point interestedOne but until I defended the witnesses I saw only 5 pages of words putting a very negative light on witnesses. Their is little reason for Witnesses to come on this site since clearly the majority of people on here have made their decision not to be Witnesses and indeed a lot seem to no longer believe in God as well. I only said my piece because I felt the original poster should realise she was getting opinion based answers on witnesses that are hearsay at best and clearly attacking the Witnesses which are an established and recognised Religion by law. Maybe this is what the original poster wanted and why she searched out for a site that is negative against witnesses, who knows?

I am glad the original poster saw benefit from her bible study and that she thinks about this before believing all the negative opinions off this site. I have said my bit and can add no more to add to this discussion. Thank you.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I think it's kinda hypocritical to come barging in here and call us all one-sided liars whilst you have not brought up even one so-called lie and gave evidence as to why we are wrong about anything. Stop your ad-hominem attacks and emotional appeals and start debating with proper arguments.

You still haven't answered my question about imperfect men requiring their followers to either obey and die or disobey and get shunned. If they know they could be wrong, why do they require their followers to die or get disfellowshipped?

• Concerned JW
    Concerned JW

I did answer you The illuminator81 indirectly. The cult argument is a lie! Witnesses are an established religion by Law. Anything witnesses believe can be checked against scripture in the bible (God's word) to the satisfaction of the person wishing to join them. The burden of prove is on you to show the bible does not have these commands and laws. As I said before all Christian religions have to measure upto God's word the bible regarding what they believe and that is what we checked them against, not personal opinion. The imperfection argument is a non-starter since we are all imperfect and so unless you are saying some men can be perfect in this time you are creating a false setting. I hope this answer satisfies you. Good bye.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Hi Penelope.

My husband is begging me to stop the bible study

I think you should listen to him. JWs DO break families. I was in for 30 or more years. I used to say to people that that wasnt true. But I lied. I didnt lie deliberatley, but I lied just the same.

You say that they seem nice, sincere people. Thats true. But THEYRE WRONG. Sincerity is not enough.

More than 70000 people are disfellowshipped each year. Believe me, that for most of them, that screws up their life big time.

If you like studing the bible, there are many oportunities JWs aside. But beware too: there are a lot of dangerous sects. Be careful.

Peace to you.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Concerned JW: I'm going to send you a PM because I don't want to derail this thread.

• Honesty
    Honesty

PenelopePaige do you love your husband?

It appears that he wants nothing to do with the JW's.

If you were to become a JW it would not be too long before he would be showing and telling you the same things you have heard on this website.

If the congregation found out that he was "opposing" 'Jehovah's organization' the elders would tell you that he is a great danger to your spirituality.

Before long, you would be telling the elders your innermost thoughts and your husband would feel very neglected.

Soon afterwards, your marriage would FAIL because the trust that you had treasured with your husband would be GONE.

I was a JW married to another JW and we had a great marriage UNTIL personal research on my part revealed that the Watchtower Society's god is not the God of the first century Christians (you will hear a lot about fisrt century Christians from the Society's publications and from the platform) and that is when the problems began.

Less than 3 years after I found out the real truth about the Watchtower's version of the truth, I and my spouse were separated and going through a nasty divorce because I did not believe the Watchtower Society and the JW's were anything close to the real truth.

Jesus is the truth, not some organization that claims to be the truth and has moved Him to the back row and lets Him play 5th fiddle once a year when the JW's have their annual reject Jesus memorial celebration.

Spare yourself and your family a lot of heartbreak and turmoil.

Quit associating with the JW's.

They are being deceived, their god is false and they will turn on you if you disagree with their theology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit