It's all getting to me now...I let them back in my head, help

by discreetslave 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi looloo, besides reading the book that leavingwt suggested, you should also read Steve Hassan's books (e.g., "Combatting Cult Mind Control") and Raymond Franz's books (e.g. "Crisis of Conscience"). If you cannot get to the library or bookstore soon, you can watch videos of Raymond Franz on youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c6I0fjiYNU&feature=related .

What types of activities do you like to do? Do you like to go to parks, the beaches, play tennis, go bicycle riding, etc? Doing anything fun is a lot better than going on FS and cleaning the KH.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wait on Jehovah..

Make sure you find a Really Comfortable Chair..

Your going to be there for Awhile..

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/222367/222367,1266767132,8/stock-photo-human-skeleton-sitting-on-a-chair-47143822.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Thanks Guys!!!

I'm in Hassan's Book. My husband asked me not to print it out or read it when he or the kids are around so I get bits here & there. I also bought Captives the day I wrote my letter. I know they are not the truth the Bible condemns them. They've just been in my head so long.

While my family was at the meeting I was having my own in the yard. I watched a webcast of Joyce Meyers and did some Bible reading. That hour was beat years of meetings.

BTW When my husband came home he said two elders were going to call to ask me a few questions and confirm my decision. I asked why I stated I wished no further contact in the letter. He said they need to follow procedure to file the paperwork so the announcement can be made on Tues. I asked if the two elders was part of the 2 witnesses thing if so I refuse to oblige. I told him the 2 witness rule caused a lot of pain to abuse victims & their families so I could not abide by rules that failed to protect the innocent. I am not a witness so their procedures mean nothing to me. Let them figure out another way to make it official.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It sounds like they just want to make sure you don't want to reconsider your decision. If you have no intention of going back, the meeting will be pointless.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Aren't all the meetings pointless?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Aren't all the meetings pointless?

Touché

• godrulz
    godrulz

So, you cannot put the WT literature in a box because of spouse? I would not go near it until grounded in the Bible apart from it. I would also not allow this to ruin your marriage. Save it at all costs except putting religion before God (follow God, not WT).

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

When wondering if JW's are the correct religion, just remind yourself of 607. If that isn't right, then the whole JW faith comes tumbling down.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is very normal, and takes years to get over.

Just remember, every religion (particularly high control) is the same. There are people like you sitting in from of Mormon Elders and SDA elders right this minute expressing doubts, and their leaders are saying "do not question God, leave it is his hands"

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The two readjustment calls I had the brothers kept saying don't be like Eve. Don't give into the temptation to partake of what is forbidden(meaning apostate materials & such).

Where is the list of confirmed apostate websites? If they are indeed forbidden they should be identified as forbidden.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit