It's all getting to me now...I let them back in my head, help

by discreetslave 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

This was a big week for me. I've been riding the momentum wave but now I feel like I'm washed up on the shore. I let them back in my head. I scanned thru the upcoming WT studies and thought what have I done. The two readjustment calls I had the brothers kept saying don't be like Eve. Don't give into the temptation to partake of what is forbidden(meaning apostate materials & such).They also said to be patient leave matters in Jehovah's hand. Pray for patience & a calm mind. The study articles are about this very thing. I actually asked myself are they right? Is the problem with me. Am I like Satan proud & haughty pushing ahead relying on myself not God & his organization. I'm upset I have to fight these thoughts. I want the confidence I've had all week.

Help remind me Satan provides his people food at the right time. The articles that seem so timely and arrive when needed is of a source other than God right? It's Satan, it's the GB paranoia they can't be guided by God.

What I'm going thru is normal right? Just a moment of frailty.

• discreetslave
  • godrulz
    godrulz

They are exerting mind control on you. If you are still interested in the things of God, you need to prayerfully get into the Bible and not think you need the WT to interpret it or act as a mediator. There is a wealth of material to bring down the demonic WT, but you may find it easier to default to a comfort zone or give in to a spirit of manipulation/deception. You have come this far. Keep going. If I still wanted God, but knew WT was a false prophet, I would seek God apart from WT. Once you conclude that Jesus is YHWH, the truth will set you free, you will be born again, and have hope/assurance of eternal life that WT can never give.

• Free!!
    Free!!

It is... we all go thru those moments, just think about the reasons why you started doubting, how a loving God would never back up an organization that ask people to disown their own and forget about them like they never existed... the elders can feel they got your attention and know you are struggling but you are stronger than this... is just the normal doubts because you mind was so programmed all of this info so engraved into your brain, it takes time and effort to get rid of it..

Remember how beautiful is to have a mind of your own... :)

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Godrulz thank you. I'm using other translations and researching online for any questions but that WT pull is strong. The literature is all over my home.

Free thank you. I'm browsing pictures looking at all my friends but I'm reminding myself how fragile the ties are. Sure we're smiling and hugging but that's only as long as we think alike. Their kind of love is like walking on eggshells.

• Diest
    Diest

They told Carl Olaf Jonsson to wait on Jehovah when he had questions about 607....and that was back in 1980....have they changed anything in 31 years? You keep waiting on Jah and you will just sit there forever.

• alanv
    alanv

When they talk about apostates and opposers a person needs to look at what is being said by them and decide if it is the truth or lies.

That is the test. Not just to label someone because they do not agree with you.

When an unbiased person reads what an opposer said, it is likely they will agree with it, as all the opposer did was expose something wrong in the organisation.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Get your butt down to the library and get yourself a book that teaches critical thinking and teach yourself the skills you need to systematically analyse any problem.

The WT took those skills away from us, leaving us with the illusion that we still had them.

Fix it.

Chris

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I scanned thru the upcoming WT studies and thought what have I done.

In other words you felt guilty and fearful?

Be patient and wait on Jehovah . . . inference? . . . you're impatient (guilt)

Pray more . . . inference? . . . you don't pray enough (guilt)

Don't be like Eve . . . inference? . . . Eve disobeyed and was punished (fear)

Nothing new!

Black Sheep

• steve2
    steve2

The Witnesses give you 3 choices, Wait on Jehovah, wait on Jehovah or wait on Jehovah - that's it.

Your job is really quite simple: See the choices for what they are: Hollow and unsatisfying. The choice facing you in fact is:Waiting on Jehovah or growing up and act like an adult instead of living and dying in fear. Sure, growing up is incredibly painful. But to rise above the cheap manipulation and mind control, to sort out what you need to do to grow up and take charge of your life and to value and cherish your present life in the here and now without empty religious promises - wow! what a prize! Best, steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit