It's all getting to me now...I let them back in my head, help

by discreetslave 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I know many of you are not religious but I am spiritual. And I know that God called me & I was born again. 1 John 2:27 says the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything... The anointing did teach me. It gave me the strength to question everything and find others like me. God knows I need people and I found you here and others from my past to lean on. Also the confidence I have gained in myself is unexplainable except for the words the truth shall set you free.

I love you guys..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjVNlG5cZyQ

• sizemik
    sizemik

discreetslave . . .

the truth shall set you free.

Aye . . . from guilt and fear

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Please keep the comments coming for myself and others who need that occasional boost.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Discreetslave I just sent you a pm.

• stillin
    stillin

"pushing ahead" of the organizarion means that you are using your God-given ability to think. Why is it that you can't share your thoughts with these people? it's a disgrace to the "brotherhood" to live alongside each other year after year parotting only"approved' thoughts.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

discreetslave ... if the article is in the magazine, I know it seems nice to think it is for you and just what you needed by some sort of divine guidance, but the truth is, if it is in the magazine, then it is something that is a big problem for many. Take heart in knowing that you aren't alone.

So many people are questioning the organization because it needs to be questioned and it is becoming obvious to more and more people, that is why articles are published about it.

Information about the problems of the rank and file are sent to the branches by the circuit overseers, that is why articles are published.

Shepherding visits are often emphasized as one of the most important things to do, yet they seem to be a defficiency in so many congregations. If God's Spirit was directing this, it would be done, not because you stopped turning in a field service report or your hours dropped, but because it was God's Spirit behind it.

If God's Spirit was directing the organization, problems in the organization would be dealt with openly, not covered up ... the organization wouldn't respond out of fear of its authority being compromised.

The religion is a man-made corporation that has taken on an identity of its own, everything is done to protect the religion.

The list goes on.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please take this opportunity to present you case:

Why Watchtower Superior to All Other Religions

We're all ears. We can help you spot any logical fallacies or incorrect assertions/assumptions.

After all, IF it's the true religion, then we all need to join!

PS: It's very normal to question yourself on your decisions. It's very easy, however, to debunk the extraordinary claims made by WT.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I concur with LeavingWT. I know how you feel, sometimes I wonder if I myself have become a 'tool of Satan' because I no longer want to follow my wife into this religion. There are nice people in the Kingdom Halls and they have a sincere desire to follow God and be good spiritual people.

But, I have to ask myself, how are they truly different than others in that regard? How are they even better in their interpretations? Every time I ask witnesses (F-I-L, an elder, etc) how they can claim themselves to be the TRUTH, they just say the same ole things.

• We don't support immorality in our congregations.
    • We try to live as close to the Bible as possible.
    • We are united in our worship.

These are easily refuted.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You're anointed right?

Then you only need the Bible and Holy Spirit.

BorgLit, especially the Kool Aid Edition of The Watchtower, is designed exclusively for the indoctrination and reinforcement of indoctrination of the faithful JWs. There is NO TRUTH in it. It is NOT God's Organization. You KNOW this. Don't return to the vomit. They control you with fear and guilt and you don't deserve that. Nobody does.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Now would be an excellent time to read Don Cameron's book, 'Captives of a Concept'.

Why?

Don's book gets to the heart of the matter! Did Jesus select WT -- above ALL other religious groups -- in 1919, to be his chosen, special people?

This is an extraordinary claim! What does the evidence reveal?

The answer to the question has profound implications.

http://www.captivesofaconcept.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit