In response to Standfirm's comment about the two witness rule.

by life is to short 67 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I compensate for my bias. My bias is not against the Witnesses. Rather, I stand firmly besides an innocent child. I pray very hard for an organization that shelters pedophiles by using a completely nonscriptural rule. This organization confuses criminal law with its private religious angle.

Shakespearean quotes are screaming in my head. Edmund in King Lear about standing up for bastards. Well, I stand with children, any time, any place, and spit on an organization that would harm them by not providing adequate notice. Oh, the wicked Roman Catholic Church. The Church has exquisite music, art, and architecture. What do the Witnesses have, besides hypocrisy?

Aren't you breaking very serious rules set by Heil Hitler by posting here?

• Violia
    Violia

tracylee, thanks for sharing. It is a despicable situation to be in , a young girl or boy and not have protection from someone. Hearing what happened to you helps me not feel so alone. I am so sorry you went through this, but now know I was not alone. Another poster called this " sisters in pain" .

I am glad you got out and got some therapy. It is hard to hold your head up after being called names.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Wow, it looks like Standfirms argument has been drowned out be real life experiences.

Great thread LITS........bravo!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How is a child victim supposed to report to authorities when the perpetrators are the parents? The very thought is asanine and insulting.

Borg policy sucks.

• Sulla
    Sulla

That the JWs consider invoking the privilege of clergy-penitent with respect to judicial committees is absurd. Further, failing to make clear that they are required to notify the authorities under any circumstances is a telling omission in their policy.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Exactly Mad Sweeney and Sulla where you said

"How is a child victim supposed to report to authorities when the perpetrators are the parents? The very thought is asanine and insulting.

Borg policy sucks."

And Sulla where you said

"Failing to make clear that they are required to notify the authorities under any circumstances is a telling omission in their policy."

If the elders had call Child protective services on my parents when I was a kid it would have been huge. Even if CPS had not done anything just the fact that some adults cared about me would have met the world to me, it truly would have changed my life and how I now look at the world now that I am an adult.

I look at all of these elders who are not in the late 60's to late 80's who knew me as a kid and did nothing to help me if anything they made my parents worse by telling them what a great job they did in pulling me out of school, etc. I now look at all those men and I do not feel any sadness toward them watching them have their problems due to age, some of them are really suffering one had a stroke, anther cancer, and I think to myself "you are getting what you deserve. There is no new system for you to walk into like you told me all my childhood when you said not to go to school and pioneer instead, becacuse the end was so close. You are dying just like everyone else, all of your years that you allowed me to be in hell and who knows what other children also now you are suffering." I know that may not be right for me to think this way but why they did not step up for me as a child is mind boggling. Not only did they not step up but I now as an adult know that they allowed and even encouraged pedophiles to move into the congregations in my area. We have a prison where I live and it has a high number of sex offenders in this prison. The elders hold meetings there and when the sex offenders are released they are encouraged to move into the local halls and no members are told what these guys did.

Now there is a new crop of elders in their mid 40's to late 50's following in the steps of what there older brothers and dads did. If this overlapping generation dose not pan out for them then they will be in the same shape as their predecessors. Actually there are not many elders in their 40's left anymore most are in their 50's. Yonger men just do not seem to be buying into all of the garbage.

I truly hope this sick religion who harbors child rapist dies out.

LITS

• wat2do
    wat2do

life is to short ----"Then I got married and we moved to different hall where the need was great, then to Bethel and then to another hall where they needed help and you know what it was the same no matter where I went. Still I kept my blinders on as my husband told me to do and think about the new system where none of this would happen anymore."

Life is too short... I am so so so sorry. This made me disgusted, sad, and angry. I was thinking the same that maybe I just had a great deal of sexual abuse in my hall. I was hoping. I love these people. My last meeting was a week ago and I am done. I stayed with a family who had three girls the ages of 4, 12 and 19. The 19 year old had been molested by her father brother and uncle. The brother was 30 and still lived at home. And her uncle was getting ready to adopt two little girls. After staying with them I was uneasy as the brother kept busting in on the 12 year old in the bath. The 12 year old is stunningly beautiful and autistic. She was also very comfy being naked in her very womanly body as her mind was that of a 4 year old. At the time of staying with them I did not know the brother had molested the older sister or I would have LOST it. I loved these girls. Before having knowledge of the brother being a chesster molester I went to the elders about the uncle adopting more children as he was studying and his wife was a baptized witness. The elders said I had done the right hing and thank you so much. Then the elder said rather plainly "if that mother wants to allow many molestors take care of her, there is not much that can be done." I was comforted initially because I had never been told that telling was right in issues of my own abuse, but stunned that they would say there was not much they could do. Time passed and then I was visited by the eldest daughter, for some reason I bluntly asked did your brother molest you? She told me the truth. I called the elder and his response was, "keep this to yourself and see this is why only the elders should be told these things."

Thank you all for helping me regain my sainity

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I was thinking the same that maybe I just had a great deal of sexual abuse in my hall. I was hoping. I love these people.

This part of your post really touched me.

I loved them too, I loved the congregation and had complete and utter respect for the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit