How well do you sleep?

by Lozhasleft 42 Replies latest jw friends

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I sleep perfectly. Its such a pleasurable experience to fall asleep knowing that everything around me is at peace now.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

When I was having sleep problems about 2 years ago, I found that adjusting my bedtime and the amount of sleep made a world of difference.

In my case, I was getting too much sleep, so I now try to go to bed about an hour later - 7 hrs of sleep seems perfect for me.

As far as trips to the bathroom, with better, more sound sleep these have been reduced to just a couple nights a week rather than 1-2 times a night.

Sweet dreams!

• Glander
    Glander

As Lady Lee said, light sleepers may be disturbed by night sounds. You might want to try those foam ear plugs.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Weed is sexually enhancing? Where can I buy some?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Loz, chamomile tea works like a charm, for me.

If you're in the UK, try also cherry and cinnamon...Twinings do it, you can get it in the supermarket.

I suspect your brain is still working overtime reacting to your move, because after all, moving is one of the most stressful things in life.

• bohm
    bohm

great, especially in the morning

• AGuest
    AGuest

Glad to know I'm in such good company (peace to you all!). Insomniac since childhood... finally began to get full night's sleep when I began to sleep with my husband but Diet Coke/caffeinated tea (which I didn't drink before!)... and a bum shoulder... since ruined that. Stopped the stimulants earlier this year but shoulder pain has greatly increased and so won't let me sleep (note: I have Norco - tablet AND liquid - as well as Vicodin and Flexeril... but can't handle any of it so just deal with the pain - if you can call it dealing. Praise JAH for heating pads... but still lot's of groaning and yelping throughout the night... and often during the day). Surgery on 8/1 to "repair deteriorating cartilege" and "remove bicep tendon" (and anyone who's had this done, please feel free to comment and let me know what I'm in for... in case I need to back out!).

But since I can't take the narcotics (shudder!) I don't expect much sleep before... say... January 2012. Ah, well...

Oh, I must confess: I did try an "herb" for the pain (recommended in lieu of the narcotics and the particular "strain" was supposed to be specifically for pain). But, well, THAT was quite a "trip", if I may say so myself. Not only was the pain worse, but I felt like I could also feel every OTHER pain in EVERY nerve in my body during the "ride." As a result, I became "paranoid" and couldn't sleep at all. One of the worse nights of my recent life - and I don't really have bad nights (other than the pain thing). So, won't be trying THAT again any time soon.

But to each his/her own. Insomniacs everywhere... live long and prosper!

Peace!

SA, on her own and glad to know she's not alone with her sleep "issues" - LOLOL!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I find that a cigarette right before bed makes all the difference. Some nights I can't sleep, so I go out to a bar, have a few drinks, me a nice woman, bring her home, have sex, then a giant glass of whiskey and then a smoke and I am all ready for sleep. That cig sure does the trick.

• LV101
    LV101

well i definitely need to find/try something to knock me out on those nights i'm too stressed to sleep. i don't want to become dependent on sleep aids but it's difficult to function on little sleep. some of my friends rely on tylenol PM and strange how something like that knocks them out. it's not a problem generally unless i get upset --- how immature not to be able to deal w/situations in life! also, can't sleep if my brain can't figure something out. i'm not good at taking herbs, sleeping aids, or anything for that matter. i don't want to feel more wierd. probably should try the camomile tea on an all-niter.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Zolpidem = Lights Out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit