How well do you sleep?

by Lozhasleft 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

For years I've been pretty good at getting a good night's sleep. A couple of pages of my book and I'm away til morning, apart from the odd bladder brigade journey. However, suddenly, after our house move, I am having just an awful time of it. I manage to go off to sleep ok but can only manage a couple of hours and then I'm up, unable to settle or relax. This recurs through the night so that by morning I've been up 4 or 5 times and I feel like a washed out rag..

I now have sympathy for all the insomniacs in the world...it's really not any fun...

Anyone else?

Loz x

• sabastious
    sabastious

Ever since I started smoking weed before bed I generally sleep like a baby. Sometimes it can give some wicked dreams though.

-Sab

• Glander
    Glander

I sleep very well. My routine of reading until the book falls on my face sounds like yours. Yes, a pee-trip or two. The insomnia pattern should be dealt with asap. If you start to be anxious about sleeping soundly then you probably won't. Try an over the counter sleep aid for a few nights.

weed? yeah that helps too.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I sleep a lot better since The Mrs & I broke down and bought a great memory foam mattress. Our old bed was waaaaay too soft. No support. Tossed and turned all night with a sore back. Now, I usually wake up well-rested in the same position as I went to sleep in.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lol Sab ... now there's an idea !

Loz x

• White Dove
    White Dove

I take a PM every night to keep me asleep, although also must get up a couple times to pee>:(

Yes, reading before bed is a must for me. Stephen King stories are the best!

From the sound of it, might need to double up on the PM's when Egg flies the nest.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hey Low Key ...see there's the other thing ...we've just done the same and invested in a memory foam bed...its comfy enough...no problem there but I'm damned if I can stay asleep on it !

Loz x

• sabastious
    sabastious

Loz,

Vapor Genie

^ This thing is awesome because there is NO smoke and that's the only health hazard.

-Sab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm sleeping better, we just got a new bed and a box spring. We were sleeping on a metal futon frame (with futon) and it was killing my back Now we just need a new mattress.

• talesin
    talesin

sab -- I have one of those ... awesome, and for those who don't know,,, THC actually helps asthma and if you use a vaporizer or eat maryjane, it will improve your breathing --- my doctor got me smoking for my fibromyalgia (I hated the weed as my ex was a pothead), and I will tell anyone that asks,,, it helps with sleeping, and the pain, and the 'brain fog' --- best med I ever took!

back to the topic

I have had insomnia since early childhood ,, have read myself to sleep all my life, but night terrors always woke me up. Lack of sleep will eventually break down every system in the body. Get thee to the doctor and find out what's going on,,, unless you are in your 70s, you should be sleeping minimum 6 hours a day.

take care, and I hope you solve this,,, it's not a nice thing to be going through.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit