What was something that you loved but were denied as a JW?

by Chemical Emotions 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

DarkKnight-

You're a good Dad.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I second that.

• 30 years out
    30 years out

Mine was making music. I was a natural with the timing and was able to play by ear, but because I might be called upon to perform some patriotic or religious music I could not go on to play in the school band. I recall my music teacher being very upset with me and my situation as I turned down the opportunity to move forward. My father felt that music education was a waste of time that should be spent in the field service.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i listened to heavy metal anyway. i always hid the cassette/cd-covers though. it was frustrating always listening to that uninformed talk about music though.

i was not allowed to pursue a higher education, although i was pretty good in school and all teachers tried to encourage me to go to college, and i would have loved to.

i would have liked to practice some martial arts. that was completely off limits of course.

i did learn musical instruments.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

ME MYSELF & I

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

free and open expression

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

College. But I'm making up for it starting this fall - and on my company's dime no less!

• Scully
    Scully

Equality.

Music lessons.

Participating in team sports.

Engaging in physical fitness activities (did this anyway).

Wearing fashionable clothes.

Associating with non-JWs socially.

and a really awesome guy .... *le sigh*

• TDaze
    TDaze

Dragonball Z. The was some fun shit.

• Velour
    Velour

Yup, DS and ND, the ability to be myself and express myself without restriction. After leaving I found my art and creative outlet, POLE DANCING! It's f*ckn amazing ^_^

I always got hassled for listening to hours and hours and hours of actually good (none of that top 40 BS) music. Though most of it wasn't "bad", I spent "too much time" listening and searching.

For all you metal lovers, may not be rough enough for you but they're worth a listen. I personally find these bands refreshing ^_^ Good wake up, smell the day, and sip some coffee kinda metal

Liturgy- Mysterium

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_5J6FcAtAxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Krallice- Energy Chasms

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0WnbcLaWzXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit