What was something that you loved but were denied as a JW?

by Chemical Emotions 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Playing football

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Football is really looked down on, beause it's a contact sport. I guess.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I would have loved to have lived on my own before getting married. However, my parents were adamant that JW girls never leave home, unless as a bride to a proper JW man.

• mummatron
    mummatron

Gymnastics - training was on bookstudy night.

My fading JW boyfriend (when we were both 15). We were in different congos and my parents banned me from seeing him.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

This thread is depressing me. Ya know what's really messed up is, we avoided all of these things because it would have supposedly caused us to lose focus on the more important things such as meetings, field service, wholesome assocation with other JWs, yadda, yadda, yadda. Also, we were so certain that the end of this system of things was to have been here by now and this system of things pleasures would be a thing of the past and would pale in comparison to the blessings in the new system of things.

So in hindsight, we missed out on a whole bunch of great experiences and to add insult to injury, this system of things is still here LOL!!! On top of that, if you've been to one meeting, you've been to them all. Ditto for assemblies and conventions. You mean to tell me I wasn't allowed to play organized sports because it would have caused me to miss out on the book study? The same book study which was so important not to miss that the faithful & discreet slave saw fit to eliminate it? You mean to tell me, I couldn't play organized sports because it would have caused me to miss meetings? The same meetings I've been attending for almost two decades after graduating high school? What's a few meetings missed during my high school years compared to almost two decades of meetings I've been attending since graduating from high school?

Where's the logic Bethel?

• nugget
    nugget

Lazy weekends guilt free. As a witness not allowed weekends are for service and meetings and for feeling guilty about not doing more service and more meeting prep.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Well, that sucks...

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

No Room For George: I totally agree. It's almost funny, in a way, to me, but very depressing.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Man...Too much!

I am doing some of those things now. Halloween, Christmas, etc. I am reading books on WRESTLING and fantasy. I have R rated movies. It just keeps getting better and better.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Christmas and birthdays and Harry Potter and Donnie Darko and my NON-JW boyfriend...that's all I want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit