Movies that resonate with you as an ex-JW or awake JW

by RayPublisher 49 Replies latest social entertainment

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

October Sky. When the son tells his dad he did not want to be a coal miner just because his dad was a coal miner. He wanted something better in life. He wanted to work with rockets. His dad could not understand why. Becuase coal mining was good enough for him it should be good enough for his son. Love this movie. When I first wanted to come on this forum that was the name I first wanted to go by. I can really relate to these kids. Totally ADD

• Quendi
    Quendi

My two all-time favorite moves are The Shawshank Redemption and The Legend of Bagger Vance. The messages they give are clean, simple, and very powerful. I would also give an honorable mention to October Sky for the very good reasons ADD noted. And, of course, I have to name the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy because the book is my favorite read and I absolutely loved the way it was brought to the screen.

Quendi

• breakfast of champions
  • unshackled
    unshackled

Deliverance ...one particular scene reminds me of what being a JW was like.

Good call Quendi....Shawshank Redemption

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Gotta agree with a lot of these movies mentioned...The Truman Show, The Village, The Island, October Sky, and The Golden Compass. There were more but I can't remember them on my own right now!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Tokyo Gore Police

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Definitely The Village, which was already mentioned.

I also love Religulous.

CoC

• afreeman
    afreeman

As others have said, The Village and The Matrix. Maybe V For Vendetta and Half-Life 2 too.

• inbetween
    inbetween

• JeffT
    JeffT

The first two I thought of were The Village and Shawshank.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit