Movies that resonate with you as an ex-JW or awake JW

by RayPublisher 49 Replies latest social entertainment

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Avatar really resonated with me. It's message about how to really live in harmony with our earth and what happens when we disregard our place in the balance of nature is sublime. I went and saw this with my wife and then right after that the next week sister zealous starts bashing it for having a name associated with Hinduism. Avatar was the title because it was a metaphor to internet avatars we use below our names on internet forums like this one. I'f you have seen the movie you know what I mean. The message was actually very american indian and Gaia Earth.

This sister had not seen the movie to make this kind of judgement but only wanted more brownie points with her elder hubby and friends. She is quite the bitch actually and judges people very harshly. Guess what her Mother is of the Anointed so she is untouchable! Sad isn't it?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Mine was Matrix, however, there has been others but I cannot remember what they were..

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Matrix totally. They Live. 1984 (book and movie), THX 1138, Logan's Run, Truman Show....so many. It is seriously is a trip waking up.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The genius of the powerfully inspired 20 minute Holy Grail (gospel) versus Poison Chalice (religion) segment in the 1989 Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) movie "the Last Crusade".

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

Pleasantville! Two teenage siblings are dragged into a TV-show from the 50'ies in black and white. Everyone in this town is perfectly alright with no colors, they dont know anything else. The siblings make serious problems in this nice town whose mainstreet is a loop, no streets leading out of the town....,trying to introduce colors and passion in peoples lives. A must see. Talk about cognitive dissonance!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Matrix, devil's advocate, all of the terminator movies, and pretty many other R rated movies

• JRK
    JRK

I am in command of the obvious, Worlds Apart.

JK

• d
    d

The Matrix that made alot about my version of truth and was told me about what really is truth.

• talesin
    talesin

Pleasantville

It's all black-and-white,,, but wow, once you get a taste of the 'real world', that's the end of Pleasantville as a reality.

tal

EDIT: Cirk - just saw yr post,,, oops, repeat! :))

• dmouse
    dmouse

Happy Feet - where Mumbo goes against the elders and his own father is forced to shun him.

For a childrens' film it has some pretty deep themes - well worth a watch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit