It's my Birthday on Thursday

by nugget 29 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

I will have a cake for sure. Indulgent and luscious and huge for all the candles. Now the question is bake or buy? I love a good chocolate cake.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Have a wonderful day! I wouldn't have a clue how to celebrate my birthday.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Oi don't even think of buying cake - that's sorted!!!!!!

• mummatron
    mummatron
    Now the question is bake or buy?

You're not allowed to bake your own birthday cake, it's the law!

• nugget
    nugget

I think the secret is to do what makes you happy. My ideal birthday would be to be woken up with tea in bed and someone else take responsibility for feeding the animals and the family for breakfast with noone having a meltdown over the cornflakes. To be let off the school run so I can slob around in my PJs for an extra half an hour.

I think I may spend the day at the arboretum sketching or if it rains spend the day at home watching movies and not have to switch to iCarly, phineas and ferb or capital radio. Really a day with no pressure, no work, no responsibilities, no worries would be bliss. I might not get a whole day of selfish self indulgence but I'll take what I can get.

Basically not being mum but being loved and spoilt. I'll probably be bored by 11:00am so if anyone wants to pop in and make a cup of tea you are most welcome.

Mickey mouse it is hard having to learn what comes naturally to everyone else, We've had to learn and I am definitely better at organising celebrations for others than celebrations for me. Give me 10 more years and i'll have it sorted. This board helps to verify that we have a right to be happy and it is wonderful to know that there are so many people out there who care about what happens to you.

• nugget
    nugget

ooo I have cake I'm so excited.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Unfortunately I can't do the rest of those things - I am at work!

Maybe Saturday, if you are a good girl, I'll make brekky!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

We shift all our celebrations to the nearest weekend.

Happy Birthday!

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Cantleave I make brekky every Sat for sleeping beauty. You need to wine and dine your woman for her birthday, take her out for a meal and just this once both lick the plate and watch the others reaction the restraunt..

HHG

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Happy Smurf Day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit