What's Your Most Valuable Piece Of Jewelry That You Own?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hey jewelry makers!

Can you recommend a soldering iron (inexpensive) to repair my own jewelry?

TIA

• watersprout
    watersprout

I hate diamonds! I also love the old gems...

Probably my most valuble piece is my yoga necklace with gemstones for each chakra... Carrot bought it me for my first birthday out of the borg, so it really means something to me... I have my great grandmothers ring... It's silver with a ruby stone... Thats really pretty and I love the fact it came from my great grandmother to my nan then to me.

Peace

• The Finger
    The Finger

I dont have any jewelry.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I own three rings with plans to get more bling when I get back to work. The two which mean the most to me are my rose gold ring with five rubies and my University of Colorado class ring with a very large synthetic aquamarine which is my birthstone and the official Colorado state gemstone. And yes, I love bling, especially "rings of power"!

Quendi

• JRK
    JRK

A Heuer watch

• ziddina
    ziddina

Talesin...

"...we are sistas from another mutha!!!..."

Yup, I think we are...

"...oh, and didja know (i'm sure you do!) that diamonds only became the fashion after DeBeors (sp?) decided on a marketing campaign --- diamonds are forever !!..."

I didn't know that....

However, I seem to recall some interest in diamonds prior to the 20th century... I've read a couple of books on diaminds - color, cut, clarity and all that, but apparently I need to read something on the history of the diamond trade...

Ooooo, yeah, emeralds...

I'm a huge fan of semi-precious stones, myself... Amber, malachite [speaking of green - that's my favorite green...], turquoise, did I mention CARNELIAN??? Hematite, fresh-water pearls, and so on...

I like the stuff that's CHEAP and plentiful... $

• ziddina
    ziddina

Dagney, I don't do soldering - yet...

Would recommend that you take a jewelry class??? Your instructor would be able to direct you better than I...

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My watch. It keeps me on time. Nothing more invaluable then being late.

Of them, my 10 year old, super water resistent Timex Ironman watch. It takes a licken and keeps on ticken.

Skeeter

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I thought it was my wedding ring, but I have a large emerald and a good sized ruby that are most likely worth more. I actually have the good luck of having a best friend with an uncle in the jewelry resale business, so I can get real gemstones for about 5-7% of retail price, making a lot of what I own cheaper to buy than a decent piece of costume jewelry.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...so I can get real gemstones for about 5-7% of retail price..."

And that pretty much demonstrates the markup on such items...

Hmmmm.... Wonder how much my carnelian should REALLY cost??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit