What's Your Most Valuable Piece Of Jewelry That You Own?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and OUTLAW - that's really you in that picture, huh... [Drooooooooooooolllllll..... ]

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Gee, all my jewelry comes from Kohl's or Target. So I would have to set the value at around $2.00

• ziddina
    ziddina

Magwitch, if you don't tell, neither will we!!

P.S. I always hated diamonds - couldn't tell them from glass or CZ to save my soul - which is condemned anyway, come to think of it...

But I always loved - LOVED - LOVED Opals!!!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Magwitch, if you don't tell, neither will we!!

Thanks Ziddina - my lips are sealed

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, Zid!!!

we are sistas from another mutha!!!

OPALS

where did you come from, gurl?

:)

oh, and didja know (i'm sure you do!) that diamonds only became the fashion after DeBeors (sp?) decided on a marketing campaign --- diamonds are forever !! Up till the 20th century, royalty and generally rich people used coloured gems for their engagement rings,,,, their splendiforous crowns, etc.... NO DIAMONDS.... it's all about marketing diamonds to the 'regular folk' to make a buck!!! Diamonds are NOT precious; I was a pawnbroker for 10 years -- they are worth NOTHING unless they are over 3-5 carats .... there are zillions of 1-carat diamonds out there --- worth 2 bux per 10 points.... worthless shyte! the old gems are awesome,,, carnelion,,, emerald .... agate ... etc.

tal

* knows her stones * klass

• talesin
    talesin

EMERALDS

:)

• talesin
    talesin

the green ones,,, yeah!

ok, 'nuff said

• minimus
    minimus

A 10 pt. diamond is store worth more than a 10 pt. sapphire or emerald. You will get some value from even a smaller diamond than you will most any colored stone on the resale market. Dealers give zippo for color.

• designs
    designs

My Dad's Birthstone ring

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My great-grandfather's gold watch. Still works too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit