Major confrontations......

by AK - Jeff 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

I used to have neighbors who did the same thing. They'd let their pit bulls roam free right after the animal control office closed each evening.

Do those dog whistles work at all?

Ex-Laxx mixed in with ground beef?

Puddles of strategically placed glue so the dogs step in it and won't want to come back?

Paint a mural of a giant wolf with enormous teeth?

Get a giant stuffed cougar to lunge at them, preferably one with a soundtrack of cougar growls.

Drink a lot of tea, then pee a perimeter along your property to keep them away. Bonus if you do this before sundown.

I'm sure you will immediately implement one of these excellent, brilliant ideas.

On a serious note, you could try sprinkling very hot pepper powder around the perimeter. I've heard they don't like it.

• JRK
    JRK

A cheap steak soaked in Prestone ought to do it.

JK

After you take care of that, then poison the dog.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I guess you could just pepper spray the dogs as well. The big bear repellants would be perfect, just make sure you're upwind when you hit the trigger.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

You need to have balls to actually use pepper spray against an aggressive animal. It will work almost all the time, but sometimes the pepper spray only enrages them. Pepper spray incapacitates sight, smell and breathing. If you happen not to hit a charging animal square on you'll take out one or two of his senses. If you don't happen to hit him on the nose he'll still be able to smell where you are and still hear where you are even if he can't see you and even if he can't breathe. Most pitbulls are great dogs but some pitbulls are dangerous. If you use pepper spray, make absolutely sure you can deliver a solid hit. And then remember that you have not made yourself a friend of this particular pitbull. Your next encounter may not be him being afraid of you but him even more enraged. The only real solution is probably against the law.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    A cheap steak soaked in Prestone ought to do it.
    JK
    After you take care of that, then poison the dog.

....................... ...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

Aren't pit bulls illegal now? They are in Canada (eh). ;)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This one did not display aggression. But it scared my grandson [who lives with us], 7, very badly. It could have well been much uglier if the dog had been in attack mode. This one is prob not a threat, but who knows. The real problem was the owner who was far less interested in taking responsibility for her dog [or anything else it appears], and more interested in being an asshole toward those who challenged her lack of responsibility.

The sheriff never showed. Go figure!

I am a marksman when it comes to a deer rifle - but I don't currently have one. I may have to get one again.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

No US states have banned pit bulls or rottweilers but individual towns/cities have Breed Specific Laws (BSL).

INDIANA
    Anderson, Indianapolis, Fowler, Gary, Lake County, Lake Station, Mishawaka, South Bend, St Joseph County, Walkerton, Williamsport, Winchester

http://rott-n-chatter.webs.com/

I would suggest working with Animal Control and not be poisoning the dog. So far it has not bitten anyone and there is nothing saying that these breeds are the only ones that bite and attack. Any large dog can be a danger and even small ones can take a piece out of you.

Why not build a fenced area for the kids to play in and make sure they stay in?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, don't do something that will get you put in jail.

How about a large animal trap? Turn the dog into the animal shelter a few times.

If she gets tired of paying the fines, maybe she'll keep better control of her dog.

Or a camera, video the dog on your property a few times, then turn her in to the cops.

I think pit bulls are dangerous, they need responsible owners who control them, make sure they get the food, exercise and attention they need, and some good training.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

For the extreme perspective see pit-bulls-and-children-do-not-mix/. A pitbull showing up uninvited in the same space as my grandson? No. That's not allowed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit