Growing up a Jehovah's Witness - New Video

by jwfacts 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi jwfacts, great video to help converts understand what they may be getting into by becoming witnesses. i agree with Mickey mouse that the difference between the written quotes and audio quotes is distracting. I liked the topics, including the images from the watchtower and Awake!, and the music background.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Very, very nice. My favorite part was your point at the end that the responsibility lies with the education system to promote critical thinking. I couldn't agree more.

You have a very clear voice and I think your accent is perfect for the narative.

It seems a shame to offer any criticism when the message and portrayal is so great, but it's just minor things that I found a bit distracting.

Mentioned, the text quotes didn't match the audio quotes.

In the first case, the background audio track changed in the middle of a slide.

A couple instances of an additional sound track made it a bit difficult to hear. Speaking + baby crying + music.

Final song was a bit loud. I think it would be a bit more powerful to have the background track alot lower until you are done speaking and then slowly increase the volume to the level you were speaking at for the credits.

These are just my perceptions and I feel a bit hypocritical as the video is far beyond what I could personally do.

Kudos!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you Paul,,this is so important. The JW youth go through so many more daily emotional issues than any JW adults. That is also why JW youth leaving JWs is so much more stressful than an adult who became a JW and later leaves the religion.

Every morning on a school day, to a JW youth is feelings of being in a "lion's den" with the flag saluting issue, a big universal issue, before Jehovah and Satan. They go to school with an abundance of issues every day, to an adult no big deal, to a child it is extremely burdensome and so unpleasant. It is constantly in their art, their singing, their sports. Their parents, elders, and the Governing Body do not relate. All JW little youth bear this imagery on their childhood shoulders.

They go to door to door, freezing or hot, bearing this imagery, to act as adults, but doing a work they have not chosen as they don't get the choice. They are told not to have non-JW friends. They are told to do well in their school studies, only to be denied any extracurricular programs, to be denied to accept any scholarships for college. They have so many additional rules day to day, that the JW adults don't have imposed on themselves. They are taught "guilt" to the deepest levels to their childhood hearts and minds.

The youth are impacted the most and is no wonder their frustration, anger and depression as their true real identity was denied them and it takes some a good while to recover and find themselves.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Cali Guy you have a PM

• leavingwt
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

Very nicely done. What a powerful tool you have created.

Although I hate to be a critic at all , I will offer my two cents.

Critique:

I too was confused by the narration being partial of the selected texts. I was impelled to read along and it was only partially read. Perhaps if you do not want to have the entire paragraph read, somehow distinquish between the parts which are being read ... I think V did this nicely.

I personally felt the background music, especially in the beginning, was a bit overpowering and, while I could hear your comments, it was somewhat drowned out by the music.

Excellent work. I want to post a link on my facebook and send it to all of my witness friends. I will resist and start with my wife.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Nice job Paul. Enjoyed the accent. I thought living with us New Yorkers would have eliminated that. Evidently the brainwashing has failed again.

• clarity
    clarity

Wow jwfacts .... loved the opening music, gave me the shivers!

This brought back so many subconscious feelings, didn't know whether to laugh or cry. What little critical thinking I had before wt days, got so squashed by this borg. I cried thinking of the wt education my kids got ...omg.

So yes real education is key! Gayle's post perfectly illustrates this fact.

Thank you sincerely for your wonderful efforts and hard work.

clarity

• jay88
    jay88

Well done!

jay,

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Mate, you have struck a balance between presentation and facts.

And the accent - a great "hook" to break the pattern. Almost as if it was planned. It was like you took your lessons in advertising and marketing very seriously .

Once again - great job!!!

-Yan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit