Growing up a Jehovah's Witness - New Video

by jwfacts 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have put together a video - Growing up a Jehovah's Witness 1960 -2010. It aims to show the things a Witnesses would be taught as they age over those decades. It is 15 minutes long.

This is my first attempt at a video and it took a while to work out how to use Final Cut, so please feel free to make suggestions if anything should be changed. There is a restriction of 15 minutes on youtube so it cannot be any longer. I am heading off to sleep now, but look forward to seeing your comments in the morning.

http://youtu.be/4egOV6Il84g

By the way, that is my Aussie accent (so go easy on the criticism), and Lance (Awakened at Gilead) reads the quotations.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

BRAVO!!! That is an excellent summary of the brainwashing a Witness was subjected to as they were growing up. As WE were growing up!!!

(I'm the same age as you )

This is one clip I would recommend never-beens to watch to try to get some idea of what born-ins were told.

PS I loved the little laugh at the end of reading the bit about gays. You can't help but laugh when you read such drivel from the WTS.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Oi, good job mate! Heh, cool accent.

The only correction I have is in the credits. You say at the very end, "is supplied at no char"

should be "no charge."

Small thing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

BP - Lance didn't mean to laugh but couldn't help himself. It fit so well I left it in. That article is one of the all time classics.

KN - Well spotted. They are the sorts of things I am happy to get comments on, so I can fix it.

• Cali Guy
    Cali Guy

Thanks for sharing that with us. Great job! Making videos like that is actually what I do for a living so I know the work you put into it. Let me know if you would ever like any help. I especially liked the narrative about "Matthew".

CG

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

CG - you have an interesting job. I loved doing it, but it took such a lot of work, especially since I had to do everything three times through trial and error. I also had a lot of trouble trying to find creative commons music that fits. Can you PM me more details about the industry you work in. Do you film live footage as well?

• carla
    carla

Outstanding!!!! One of the best I have seen! Loved the entire thing and the music too!

I appreciate the calm demeanor and showing from their own literature how things really are. (nice accent!)

• Cali Guy
    Cali Guy

jwfacts I just sent you a pm.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I liked it. The only thing that I found slightly distracting was when the audio quotes were slightly different to the text on the screen.

I think this is an important topic, children who are born into this nonsense are the most unfortunate victims.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Two thumbs up.

I second Mickey's comment.

I would suggest using Skype or simply having Lance record using a quality micophone or even a good head set.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit