Help Please. Mother says she can prove I will die using the bible alone, no WT literature

by scooterspank 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrquik
    mrquik

Have your mother first provide proof that she even has " the truth". Without proof that her religion has exclusive rights to love, unity & fulfillment of prophesy she can't honestly prove anything else.

• KW13
    KW13

Well your mother isn't acting very Christian like at all for a start. Her way of converting you is to use scare tactics and fear? More importantly she has no idea and cannot prove that she will be saved.

One thing is on your side and that is time. Tell her straight that one day you will be next to her as she lies on her death bed. Warn her now that she will die, of old age because Armageddon will not come.

I personally would point out that Matthew 7:1 warns Christians "Do Not Judge, or you too will be judged". Your mother is judging you and that goes against the Bible.

Matthew 24:36 - The Witnesses predicted the time of the end many times. This is scripturally impossible so WHY did they do it?

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Deuteronomy 18:22 warns of False Prophets.

If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.
    By those terms, the Watchtower Society is itself a False Prophet and therefore her message/the word of the Watchtower and its publications is to be ignored completely. They predicted that events would happen and were wrong. This scripture does not say anything about motives, so whether or not the Society were genuine doesn't matter - they are false prophets.

Two scriptures in Luke warn against groups like the Watchtower Society who continue to warn of signs of the end, obsessing over them rather than focusing on the important things.

Luke 17:20-24
    20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is [b]in your midst.”

21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is [a]in your midst.”

22 And He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. 23 They will say to you, ‘Look there! Look here!’ Do not go away, and do not run after them. 24 For just like the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky, shines to the other part of the sky, so will the Son of Man be in His day.

Luke 21:8 - The Society claim to be God's mouthpiece, his channel and in a sense God himself on earth.
    8 He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Yep, I agree with everyone here, pretty much everyone is going to die and you don't need the bible to till you that !

LOL !

Except for me, you puny mortals !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I like Rocky girl's reasoning, and this from jgnat's post

I't not hard to read in context. It means reading the verses before and after and asking yourself what the author intended.

Her trouble is that when a dub reads a scripture that says to follow Christ the read it in their head as saying "follow the WTS". If Jesus said salvation is for those who believe in me, then they read it as "those who believe the WT" ..One has become blurred with the other.

I would take the conversation slowly, read the verses from another translation so that it the NT does not say "Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved"

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

WOW! I'm still processing all of this great advice. For now can I just say THANK YOU ALL? A lot of you articulate things so well...I get too caught up in the emotion. Thanks for all the help!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If you do go thru' with it ask her if the info came from the WTB$ litter-trash. If she says 'No' then she may be using 'theocratic warfare strategy'.

Write down the scriptures and tell her you'll look into it and get back to her. Like a JDub does on the doors when they are stumped and need to research).

Post it here and we'll analyse it and rip it to shreds.

Then you can take her the shreds which she'll ignore - oh, happy days!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

leavingwt & PSacramento have spoken the truth.

We all die. It is Caesars will!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Here's just a little ammo you can use:

1 John 2:19 (NWT) -- They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But [they went out] that it might be shown up that not all are of our sort.

1 Tim. 2:3-6 (NWT) -- This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all"

Thus, you may not be of the JW "sort", but that doesn't mean it isn't "God's Will" for you to be saved.

Romans 10:9 (NIV) -- If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (JWs demand more of you to gain salvation. IOW, they ADD other requirements to what is said in God's Word.)

Assuming your lifestyle would not qualify you for any of the naughty things mentioned, you could use:

1 Cor. 6:9-11 (NWT) -- What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God"

Where does it say you must attend meeting, go in field service, etc etc

• somebody
    somebody

I would ask her if she is living as in alive. Of course, she will answer yes. If not, then she has a big problem. Then I would tell her to read Ecclesiastes 9:5 out loud. Then ask her what the condition of the dead is according to scripture. And then ask her what the condition of the living is according to scripture. That should tell her that not only are you aware that you will die, but that she is too.

Ecclesiastes

peace,

somebody/gwen

9:5 NWT 5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

You can prove a flange of baboons live in your nostrils if you put your mind to taking scripture out of context like the WTB$ do.......especially with their mistranslations to prop up their own special doctrines!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit