How important are God and Jesus to you?

by Nickolas 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

If you could imagine God as not being a Being but simply Nature would you give Thanks outloud.

If Jesus were a guy standing by a Freeway Off-Ramp with a cardboard sign that read REPENT would you give him your life.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

If you could imagine God as not being a Being but simply Nature would you give Thanks outloud.

If I could imagine that, then yes, but I can't get beyond imagining any kind of God.

If Jesus were a guy standing by a Freeway Off-Ramp with a cardboard sign that read REPENT would you give him your life.

Um. No. Does that make me a bad person?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Who?

Best answer so far, btw.

• designs
    designs

Image is important to humans, the Renaissance artists painted beautiful concepts of an anthrophormorphic God, people were hooked, they could relate.. String Theory lacks the warm and fuzzies but explains the building blocks of reality better than the old man reclining and with pointed finger creates the heavens and the earth.

• ultrabimbo
    ultrabimbo

Hi designs:

Would you care to explain string theory for the group so that they would know what you meant by "String Theory lacks the warm and fuzzies but explains the building blocks of reality better than the old man reclining and with pointed finger creates the heavens and the earth." Thanks from me.

Frank

• designs
    designs

Take the Universe and begin breaking it down to smaller and smaller bits- Macro-Scale, Molecular Scale, Atomic level, Subatomic A (Electrons), Subatomic B (Quarks), String Level. What are the identifiable bits and what are the forces that must be theorized to exist and cause an influence.

What exists beyond the 4 Dimensions that cause an influence. String Theory looks at Electrons and Quarks and posits they are 1 Dimensional and influence the larger Levels like Atoms. Particle Physics, Quantum Mechanics, and General Relativity along with String Theory try to explain the origin of the Universe and Matter, why the building blocks do what they do. Scientists like Feynman thought the theory need some proofs, others like Susskind and Brumfiel write about their ideas in 'Our Outrageous Universe' and 'Hold Fire'.

It relates somewhat to my field in Photovoltaics, why can Sunlight produce electricity- Photons, why should photons have an electrical charge, what can they influence.

• ultrabimbo
    ultrabimbo

Thanks for that, but how does string theory explain the universe and how we all got here better than Michaelangelo? You have to admit it would be difficult for the big M to have explained the whole of the creation on a ceiling or a piece of canvas. Tell us how string theory and quantum mechanics explains it. Thanks in advance.

Frank

• AGuest
    AGuest

Interesting, dear designs (peace to you!). Some years ago I wrote to the "author" of the String Theory (a handsome young man at the time, but I forget his name now)... and shared with him how close his theory was to the truth. Of couse, he didn't respond. He's close, though...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear Nick... may you have peace! Perhaps it's your "all or nothing" position that "frightens" your dear wife? If your only option for her is that there is no God... then how can you be surprised at her for sticking to those who say there is one... even if they're lying about their knowledge of him? If you're not willing to consider that there is a God... why down her for not considering that there isn't? I get it that "religion"... and particularly the WTBTS... may have shipwrecked the faith of many here. Hey, it was a given - they're imposters. But a plethora of imposters doesn't negate the real deal, does it?

If your wife believes her strong belief in the WTBTS equates to a strong belief in God... then your "offer" of no God will never work. And, yes, it might just crush her, irreparably so.

As for me, personally, no, I would not implode. Indeed, I probably would be prominent (if not rich... or both) in the world. But... I wouldn't be me. Which is important to me and so I guess you can say that both God and Christ (not "Jesus", though) are important to me. Since I am in union with them and they with me, to lose them would be to lose me... or at least a huge chunk of me. And I kinda like me since having come to know... and be known by... them.

Should atheists stop "bothering" us? You dear ones don't bother me, at all. You're not a threat because my faith in not based on what I hear from others, or read in the Bible, etc. It is based on what I KNOW has occurred with me and is occurring yet. Believe me, there are days (particularly after a particulary "trying" discussion on here on this board) when I wish such things were NOT occuring with me. Let me TELL you. But I cannot deny them... nor can I take credit for me. I mean, while I'm not necessarily the dullest knife in the drawer... I know I'm not a Ginsu, either.

For me to deny what has occurred with me would be (1) lying to you all, (2) lying to myself, and (3) utterly denying what is true. Like you, then, it is what is TRUE that is most important to me. And I cannot deny the TRUTH... of God and Christ. While it would not kill me physically, it would probably render me an ingenuine, unauthentic perso.... with absolutely NO conscious. Because if I can lie about that, I can lie about anything.

In which light... I'd have to say: watch out, world!

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Would your life implode if you lost your faith?

No, it hasn't.

Should atheists just back off and not try to mess up your good thing, if only to keep them from wasting their time?

I don't preach anything.

They are as important to me as the frisbee I lost over the fence in 6th grade. I don't miss it nor do I need it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit